• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Original COAS Flying Dutchman change-over

modernknight1

Field Marshall of Hot Tubs
Staff member
Storm Modder
In my GOF: Historical Eras mod still in development I decided to change back to the original COAS Dutchman. Recently another PA member asked how he could change his back, so I figured there were probably others that would want to do this too.

Reason: The Original COAS Dutchman is a very cool ship. It looks very much like the original would have....the 17th century Dutch ship Vanderdecken cursed with her Kapitein - Falkenberg to sail forever. Much more appropriate than the Disney POTC version with teeth in her prow and gatling gun bow chasers. The original COAS Dutchman evokes the appearance of the old mariners stories and sightings. Believe it or not she is still sighted from time to time.

Many sightings had multiple witnesses and were entered into logs. A sampling: The HMS Bacchante reported her crossing her bow at 4 am and disappearing. Two other ships in the squadron, the HMS Tourmaline and HMS Cleopatra made inquiries to the other ships afterwords asking if they had seen the obsolete high-castled derelict.

Admiral Doenitz, the great WWII German admiral of the Kriegsmarine reported that several of his u-boat crews had spotted her - "the men said they preferred facing the combined strength of the Allied warships in the North Atlantic than know the terror a second time of being confronted by the phantom vessel."

There are yet many more sightings as well but I wont ramble on relating facts that no one reads. Here for your pleasure is the original COAS Dutchman. Instructions for changing her are contained in a "Read Me" file in the DL.
I'm sure there won't be too many that DL this because of the overwhelming popularity of the POTC Dutchman --- but for we few that like better authenticity and prefer things non-Disney, this one's for you! :yes

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22446800/Original COAS Flying Dutchman.rar

Sorry Mates, Gamefront seems to be having major problems lately. I found out that they have real problems with Firefox these days. Just signed up for a Mediafire account. Try this link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?jb22jccnvbcjb6j

MK

Wow didn't know you was a news gatherer aswell MK, congrats.:onya

Nice read, and nice work. Where did you find the sightings logs, i would love to have a read of them.:yes

Back