• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Original first Sea Dogs made it on Steam!

fjx

Promotion
Storm Modder
Now it will be available on another digital distribution platform besides GOG.
It seems strange of Akella to re-re-release a 17 years old game, so maybe there is hope for POTC (probably as "Sea Dogs 2" I guess).
It is scheduled to be unlocked for playing on 12th January 2018 and it hasn't got a price tag yet, so you can only wishlist it for now, not buy it yet (at least in Poland, but this may be caused by the recent great currency switch on our local Steam branch, so better check for your country, link to store page below).
I think someone more qualified should make an annoucement on the PA front page, but that's just my opinion, I'm very happy to share the good news.:monkeydance

Sea Dogs on Steam

By the way - does anyone of you know if there will be "sail stretching" bug fixed in Steam version? Or maybe someone know how to fix the problem?
Windows 10, Intel i5-4200M, GeForce 755M with on-board Intel HD integrated card.

By the way - does anyone of you know if there will be "sail stretching" bug fixed in Steam version? Or maybe someone know how to fix the problem?
I've never played Sea Dogs and cannot be of any help.
But just in case anyone in the forum does know, could you post some more details?
That might help in getting a response. :doff

I've never played Sea Dogs and cannot be of any help.
But just in case anyone in the forum does know, could you post some more details?
That might help in getting a response. :doff

There is nothing much more to add. When I enter a sea almost all sails are stretching inne weird triangle-like shape. Here's how it looks like (4:07):

You had similiar topic here on the forum but the guy who started that didn't find any solution. I really hope that Steam version will fix the problem :(

Guys! I've done it! I was managed to launch Sea Dogs without sail stretching bug!
Steps i made:
1) Disable/Turn off your Intel HD integrated graphic card
2) I edited engine.ini and set my resolution to 1366x768 (that's my native resolution)

Game works but you will get much less FPS (something about 20-30) - but it works!

"compile.log" starts by identifying version 14.937 and ends with several copies of this:
Code:
FindIslandByLocation ERROR: Please post your compile.log file at piratesahoy.net!
No island found for Oxbay_port
@Artur Martynovych: did you try to run the 31st August mod installer onto Sea Dogs? If so, it won't work as that mod is for a different game.

Back