• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Discussion Original or pirated?

TommyM

Sovereign of Death
Storm Modder
Quick question,
Do you guys use a pirated potc or do you own a original copy of the game?
Because I used to have the game on disc but it got scracthes over time like any other CD so I downloaded the game. Thing is the game with the mod doesn't seem to run smoothly meaning the characthers run slow and such.
If so do any of you have a reliable source for the game that I can use? or perhaps a digital code for the game?

@TommyM, I've got an original copy and I'll always recommend everyone to have one too.
But of course the game is barely available anymore, so we understand this may not be practicable for everyone.
In theory, it shouldn't matter, unless you've got a really bad pirated copy. Other than that, the game is the game.

Based on your description, might I ask what Windows version you're running?
I'm reminded of this issue here: Solved - Windows 10: Low Frame Rates Despite (BECAUSE OF!) Good Hardware

I'm running windows 10 but I just downloaded a clean potc.exe so I still need to download the build mod and install it.

Also got question that sat on my mind, does enb improved graphics really make that of a difference?

Last edited:
I still have to original CDs of the game but as my current laptop doesn't have any CD drive, I basically had to download the game. Works fine though.

I still have to original CDs of the game but as my current laptop doesn't have any CD drive, I basically had to download the game. Works fine though.
You can install the game on another computer, then ZIP the game contents into a folder and take that into any other computer.
That's what I always do.

The mod does have a No-CD patch included, so you don't need it to play.

Alternatively you could buy a USB external CD/DVD drive. Very useful for any laptop which has no built-in drive, especially if you find you need to reinstall the OS from disc...

Back