• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Oxbay Canyon

jaco

Powder Monkey
After rescuing the Researcher, is it possible to get through Oxbay Canyon back to Bridgetown without cheating? I get overwhelmed by hordes of bandits and die like a dog every time. I've also tried to sneak past through the mines, but can't find a way so far -- is that a possibility?

Ah, scenic Oxbay Canyon with its one dozen stinking pirates. :guns: The caves are not connected but it is possible to sneak past them by staying to the far left once past the mines.
Are you carrying grenades, ether bottles, and throwing knives and have really good officers with you? Sometimes one can get them all with the ether bottles. :pirate41:

Aye, the Canyon seems like a really cosy and welcoming place. One dozen you say? Seemed like at least 50 to me -- that's what I'm telling em back at the tavern anyway. :D

Ether bottles are avaible at The Opium Den or "Brothel" in Jamaica for 500 gold. Buy enough of these, you can daze your enemies and get away pretty quickly. Grenades are usually avaible from Store owners and street merchants. As Hylie said throwing knives, grenades, ether bottles and stinkpots are really good weapons in Oxbay Canyon. Plus 3 officers equiped with potions good guns and swords will help you greatly. Try ordering one of your crewmembers to follow you on land, then just arm them and you have a little group to defend you. :duel: :guns: :dance

Cheers Buck. I've got a little posse of two officers and a crewman, usually OK for barfights but we got slaughtered in the canyon! I'll try some missile weapons, I've only used cutlass and pistol so far. :pirate41:

I got into replaying the Oxbay Canyon save a few times, in godmode and normal -- just to practice melee fighting. I was thinking it would be good to have a tutorial scenario like this, that you could load up anytime for some practice, something like the arena in Mount & Blade.

Back