• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Guide Pearl Divers Information Quest Walkthrogh

Not a lot of people know about this quest, but here is a walkthrough for how to do it.

First, you need to be able to get to the pearl settlements on good terms, if you are Spanish nationality, you don't need to do anything special. If you are any other nationality, you need to have a Spanish trading license. Some people say you can just put up the Spanish flag when you moor but that has never worked for me, so just buy a trading licence. I recommend having lots of food on you ship before starting this quest, and if you have to buy a licence, do it in conjunction with the ship of souls cursed pearls part, save you some money that way.

Moor at Amatrice Shore or The Shores of San Juan Del Norte, if you have the Spanish Trading licence you don't need to change your flag, at least I don't with a Dutch flag. Go to the pearl diving settlement and go to the first house on the right, talk to the dude with the funny hat, and choose the bottom text option, read it as you go along and he assigns you to find out who is giving info to Captain Sharpe. Then go outside and find a native looking dude, not white boy however, and talk to him. He will say Emilio Garcia goes to the Shores of San Juan Del Norte at night sometimes and talks to someone.

Go to the shores of San Juan Del Norte and wait until night, then moor and go on land, you don't need to look around. Sleep on your ship and go on land every night until a text thing appears on the screen saying logbook update. Read the logbook and it says you think something is going to happen tonight. Go to the partial cave on the left and you will find two guys. Talk to them but eventually you will have to kill them.

Then go to the elder(funny hat guy) of either of the pearl settlements and get your reward. I don't remember exactly what you get, but you do get a deluxe cuirass, a beretta pistol, a poleaxe, and I know there is more stuff but I forget it.

Extra note, bring lots of exploding shot with you too. Some ships don't readily give you the option to sleep till night at any time in the day in your cabin. If this happens for you, go to the world map and sit there with time sped up until the evening then sleep till night. When you are on the world map however, pirates may come and attack you, so that's why you have the exploding shot, just blow them up and pick up their flotsams.

I don't know if everything is the came with GoF or the CM, I only play vanilla and that is what I am basing this walkthrough on. If I missed anything just let me know.

Back