• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Pearl quest / Sharpe

Hunter

Landlubber
I'm writing about a broken quest (Akella game, what else is new?). I was told to find Sharpe at Port Royal. A church patron said he was walking around the town. I searched and searched and found no one. Moved on, that was a long time ago. I did Edward Law. Now I am wondering if I've "allowed" the pirate campaign to break.

I read that the pearl quest can be repeated, but my last quest entry is that "he's walking around town right now and I should find him before he vanishes again." So I don't seem to have a way to cancel the quest, repeat it, or find Sharpe. Does the Sharpe quest block other quests?

Honest answer is - I am not sure.

There are 2 Sharp quests - one is part of the Pirate Story line - the other is an independant quest I think

After doing Edward Law
( Morgan tells you to come back later – he may have some more work for you then if you go back within a day or 2 you will get - Find the location where the Pearl Divers ply their Trade) (go back a month later and trip to Pearl Morgan will be given )

The one that is part of the Pirate Storyline & follows after the Edward Law part is this:-

The trip to Pearl Morgan
when you talk to Morgan -- >Morgan intends to compete with Sharp. He wants you to go to the North Bay of Turks and raid some pearl divers.
Go there and ransack the tartans (just sail close to them, no need for boarding or shooting and they will give you their "loot" of pearls) to accumulate at least 500 large and 1,000 small pearls (usually it takes 4-5 tartanes - there are 9 or 10 however, so don't worry too much about it, just raid one after another until you have enough), and while going back to Morgan keep them in inventory (not in the chest), even if you're overloaded, otherwise you can not get them all to Morgan. Now, sail back to Port Royal (it would be wise to avoid combat, at least boarding parties, at this stage since you are overloaded and you can't move fast, also, don't leave anything in chest or sell to traders - check next part of the mission).

In Port Royal, go directly to Morgan. Bring all the loot, even if it exceeds the required amount of pearls: unloading in the chest or selling the excess first, Morgan accuses you of cheating and kill you.

the independant one is this :-

Find the location where the Pearl Divers ply their Trade

Go back to Morgan a day or two later – dialog will be about pearls. – QUEST CAN BE REPEATED OVER & OVER – once you have the pearls if you want to do it again just go and talk to the Brothel Mistresses until one tells you where Sharpe is then off you go again.

Morgan says go and find Sharp(e) who is usually in a brothel – go and check Port Royale Brothel- talk to Madam – if Sharp(e) not there you will have to check the Brothels in Tortuga – Panama – Marigo – Fort de France – Charlestown – Bridgetown – Santo Domingo – till a Brothel Madam tells you where Sharpe is. (log book update ) – Go there and talk to everyone ask questions – you will be told that Sharpe has just sailed out of Port – QB Update – go back to ship and set sail Sharpe’s ship should be nearby ( Sharpenose ) – Lower a boat and go abd talk to Sharpe on his ship – tells you Pearl Divers work around Uninhabited islands. – tells you where they are now and gives you time limit to get there. – QB Update – Save before you talk to Sharpe so if you can’t get to place in time you can try again ( Sharpe will tell you a new place and time limit )

You could always try going to Morgan and seeing if you get the Trip to Pearl part of the Pirate line story

- or you could go to Port Royale and see if Sharp's ship is still there ( the Sharpenose - should show up on the sea Fast travel - I think )

:drunk

Thanks for the information. I did Morgan's quest and later a brothel had the Sharpe question again, so I think at least this once it is reset. I don't know if it's time based, Morgan based, or what, but I'll remember to save before trying it again.

Back