• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Peculiarity at the end of 'Help the Lady'

Hotshot

Freebooter
Storm Modder
After fighting the soldiers the pirate talks to you and he says
"....We owe you more than just this reward. Look for a letter at the Pirate Settlement Inn on Nevis!... "​

Would this be the start of a yet unavailable quest? Because I didn't find any letter in the tavern, the chest in the room, nor does anyone there speak to me about any such thing...

cheers!

That was a preliminary tie-in for a "sequel" quest to be written later, when the worldmap would have been expanded/replaced.
But the person who made that sidequest has left here so many years ago, so that sequel never happened.
So you have reached the end of that story. There is no letter.

Just as I thought; shame, as this was a fairly good quest!
Unfortunately most are... well, not that exciting :-\
And my biggest issue is the money side: a quest where I only get a few k gold? Hardly worth sailing all over the archipelago...
On the other end of the spectrum you have the "kill the pirate frigate", which doesn't take 10min and you get a worthy 30k.
Or the help the lady quest: here the reward was sufficient (even without the 40k gold which she has on her when leaving with me, which I took of course^^)
Also, the French Pirate quest was really good: especially the option to take all the gold; she is just a pirate anyway, so I don't need to feel badly about it :p

Quest rewards are easily tweaked.
If you think any of them are unreasonably low, feel free to list suggested improvements.

That "Martinique pirate frigate" quest had a very low reward as well, but when @Jason (I think) mentioned that, we decided to up the numbers a fair bit.

At least PotC isn't exactly lacking in quests.
When you're done with the sidequests, try the new storylines!
Those are a lot more substantial and all of them quite unique.

Back