• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Period-Specific Character Models

Pieter Boelen

Navigation Officer
Administrator
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
So apart from soldiers and officers, all character models can be used in all periods.
This may not be quite appropriate in all cases, so if you run into any that seem like they don't belong, please post here so that we can address it.

If anyone wants to look into this, the following notes might prove helpful:

- Wiewing the models outside the game doesn't work very well for characters.
The GM Viewer cannot do it in newer Windows versions for some mysterious reason.
However, if you open PROGRAM\globals.c you can set DEBUG = 1 at the bottom.
This will enable the tailor shops to show ALL character models in the game.
That probably works best these days.

- Check PROGRAM\Models\initModels.c for their appropriate code.
Look up some soldiers to see the lines needed to enable/disable models in certain periods for random encounters.

Is there anyone who has any comments on this? It could be as simple as people just saying:
"Hey, I just ran into this character model in this time period, which doesn't look like it fits".
The code changes are easily made; we just need to know which models to change to what.

In the tailor shops I am seeing late period officers. They often have no description with them.

The Portagee Marines also have no descriptions.

I recently removed those late period officers from the earlier periods, but that requires a new game to be started.
Fixed some of the descriptions too.

And there was a MASSIVE mistake with the Portuguese soldier code that I have fixed two days ago. Again.
Because I HAD fixed it before, but when moving to the new initModels.c code, that fix seemed to had disappeared. :facepalm

Looks like my changes for this are messing you up a bit, so I'm making some adjustments for the next update:
- Personal soldiers/officers get corrected model descriptions and matching portrait files.
- Your preferred model will be available in ALL periods. That's the least I can do in thanks of all your support over the years, eh? :cheers

everything is going good for me :D that mod is a pure gold bar !!!!! my french translation is going good but really damn long :p

Last edited:
Back