• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Period Weapons

Here are some things that have been mentioned recently:
- Item Traders have not enough money for you to be able to sell them stuff
- US Cavalry sabre reported outside the Revolutions and Napoleonic time periods

I have 2 US sabres and am playing the Sea Hawk storyline. I have seen them in earlier times as well.

Strange, that period code is in place to prevent them there.
Since they are now the American presentation blade, I am setting them to be "unique". But that doesn't solve the bug that makes them appear at all. :facepalm

Have you ever run into one of the following weapons at random?
Saber of Nicholas Sharp
English Officer's Saber
Corsair's Pride
Dutch Admiralty Sword
Solingen Rapier
French Admiralty Rapier
French Nobility Sword
Moorish Saber
Spanish Nobility Longsword
Portugese Officer's Sword
Damascus Shamshir
US Cavalry Saber
Dragon's Head
Shotgun

Have you ever run into one of the following weapons at random?
Saber of Nicholas Sharp
English Officer's Saber
Corsair's Pride
Dutch Admiralty Sword
Solingen Rapier
French Admiralty Rapier
French Nobility Sword
Moorish Saber
Spanish Nobility Longsword
Portugese Officer's Sword
Damascus Shamshir
US Cavalry Saber
Dragon's Head
Shotgun

I know I found a Solingen Rapier after boarding an enemy navy ship once; must've been a Beta 2.3 game.
And I might have looted a Dragon's Head before, but it might have been a similar blade. Not sure.

I think soldiers might use some of them. That's on purpose though.

from beta 2.3 to now i havent met any item period problem exept one thing happening ONLY in 2.5:

the "special trader" in speighstown (looking like barbossa) sell regulary some rare weapons INCLUDING: cossak saber and US saber

(happening in standard storyline)

this is the only "trouble" i get about periods, everything else is working fine for me (i wont do the alarm for only these 2 swords but just noticing :p )

about the list of swords, some boarding nation crew can have them (BUT STILL REALLY RARE)

Gregor Samsa, eh? Well, he's OK in my book. As you say, he is special.

ye thats why at first i havent noticed the outperiod weapons, and really i dont take care much, most of the period system is working (we have a shotgun somewhere in every period ! who cares ? :) as some other fantasy weapons )

at the moment it is a small detail (only "some" items) that doesnt hurt the period, but if we meet outperiod items too much and EVERYWHERE, i will start to look for a fix (but everything was fixed in beta 2.3 if im right)

it happens to me only in 2.5, i never had ANY period problem in 2.3 (i still having my 2.3 version installed too to compare), thats a bit strange :bounce im sure its just a small detail which was edited (probably when adaptating "PERIOD_THE_CORSICAN" to "PERIOD_NAPOLEONIC", a little mistake somewhere im sure)

EDIT: after catching in detail i see that "sabre" too is allowed in most period (must not exist before PERIOD_REVOLUTION), a code about item trading must not be up to date after the "2.5 period editing"

probably when adaptating "PERIOD_THE_CORSICAN" to "PERIOD_NAPOLEONIC", a little mistake somewhere im sure
That cannot be. If I didn't do it properly, the game would crash or cause at the very least a serious error message about #define PERIOD_THE_CORSICAN not existing. :shock

yes but im sure there is a small mistake in item trading code, US sabre is not the only one in trouble (i see better it with a cheated char with full skills and high level in standard storyline)

i added and "edit" in last post when you posted

As I said, the only period editing was a rename. Use WinMerge if you don't believe me. I can't see how a "global search and replace" of a #define can possibly mess anything up. :shock

ok i see random people with dueling sabre and some other outperiod weapons (still in standard), we really see it easily at high level

something controlling globally the weapon period is really broken, it must be a code which check weapon period or something like that

i really want to fix it :modding

These are the involved files, from what I can tell:
PROGRAM\ITEMS\initItems.c
PROGRAM\ITEMS\itemLogic.c
PROGRAM\ITEMS\items_utilite.c
PROGRAM\Loc_ai\LAi_equip.c
Search them for "firstperiod" to see where it is all set up.

Sulan originally wrote it. Perhaps you can PM him and see if he can give you some pointers?
I hope you can figure something out. I don't like this not working either. :facepalm

i compared the 4 files, nothing to notice, the only change was indeed "the corsican" to "napoleonic" in initItems.c

im thinking more about an execution problem cause for example in itemLogic.c there is new lines before the item periods lines, i will see if it comes from there (i might be wrong)

in itemlogic.c, is that code choosing weapons on land too ? because when i was on land i saw men with outperiod swords (in trade too) and it never executed the 2 inside if-functions

Code:
  // Sulan: weapons periods -->
  if (CheckAttribute(randItem, "firstperiod") && CheckAttribute(randItem, "lastperiod"))
    {
      // item is not yet available
        if(currentPeriod  < sti(randItem.firstperiod)) return SpawnAnotherItemChance(&_chr, &_id, isAbordageBox, luck, &randItem);
        // item is available no more
    if(currentPeriod  > sti(randItem.lastperiod)) return SpawnAnotherItemChance(&_chr, &_id, isAbordageBox, luck, &randItem);
    }
  // <-- Sulan: weapons periods

i really dont get where it cant be executed, every codes are same as 2.3 version which was working :(

edit: its easy to check weapon period, just start standard storyline, cheat to have level 7 and check in town if traders sell you sabres or if people wear it (thats for instance)

Back