• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Period Weapons

where is set the storyline period ?

in LAi_equip.c i put any blade (example i force blade1 (sabre)), the code sees the weapon not out of period and always make char wear it (so every characters equipe a blade1), i need to be sure the "currentperiod" is alright

You mean where does GetCurrentPeriod() get its information from? That is set in PROGRAM\Periods.c:
Code:
int GetCurrentPeriod()
{
    ref period; makeref(period, Periods[0]);
    if (!CheckAttribute(period, "current")) return PERIOD_GOLDEN_AGE_OF_PIRACY;
    return sti(period.current);
}
Other period system code is in that same file.

ok so i was searching in the good file :) thanks

because when checking sword attributes, it should work ! so i compare to storyline period to see how its set (perhaps an error appears there)

Just throw a lot of log messages at it to analyse what it does. That's what I do when I can't figure things out and it usually points me in the right direction. :doff

ok thats exactly what thought, the periods of each storyline is not same as old version

it shows standard storyline in PERIOD_COLONIAL_POWER o_O for instance

isnt it meant to be in PERIOD_GOLDEN_AGE_OF_PIRACY ?

EDIT: thats why i was a bit disturbed by much weapons appearing like saber in standard storyline, period has changed lol

well, i tested and characters are equiped with their right period weapons

the only disturbing thing is that period has changed for much storyline (i even tried like 6 times new standard story and havent met the US sabre in merchants)

(im reading again the old report about the US sabre to check again)

EDIT: so to conclude i can only say that weapon period works fully, the only "problem" which can happens is that the US sabre ONLY appears sometime (for me) in the special trader (gregor)

need more details how people get the US sabre and when to check better how they managed to meet it, for me thats pure luck o_O

Indeed that hasn't changed. :no

If the problem really is with the US Cavalry Sabre only, then my setting it to unique will solve that.

i tested US sabre in some different cases:

=> characters CANT equip US sabre even if i try to force it (showing that the equip code is well made !)
=> traders CANT sell when i try to force it too (awesome period code)

but for unknow reason i CAN see some US sabre ONLY in gregor trade (never saw anywhere else myself)

so i really dont get how people can find it o_O

well its good to see its mainly working, no big trouble then :D

Back