• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build Perks Mod V2.6 Unlockable Perks! (READABLE BOOKS!)

That's the second report of a Fetch Quest not unlocking a perk properly. That will need to be checked. :yes

Actually, I think that perk would be unlocked ONLY by a Fetch Quest for the Turks one because that is a special one who does blades AND guns.
I don't mind that particular perk being hard to get, otherwise the Long Rifle hidden in the game wouldn't be so special.
But I DO mind if it stops you from getting the next perk. I think we should remove that dependency so that when and if you get the "Expert Marksman" perk is completely up to player choice.

That is exactly what I was hoping for.

- Check the perk interface so the filter shows all chosen skills when clicked (especially usefull when checking out officers).
Is it possible to add different filter levels? I could imagine the following being useful
1. All abilities shown: Obvious and current default behaviour
2. Available abilities that you can actually get, excluding ones that you already have: Easy when you want to spend some skill points
3. Applicable abilities for character's officer type: Shows all for player, but only those skills set in Officers.c for any other characters

I could think of more, but less is simpler and this seems like the logical minimum to me.

Is it possible to add different filter levels? I could imagine the following being useful
1. All abilities shown: Obvious and current default behaviour
2. Available abilities that you can actually get, excluding ones that you already have: Easy when you want to spend some skill points
3. Applicable abilities for character's officer type: Shows all for player, but only those skills set in Officers.c for any other characters

I could think of more, but less is simpler and this seems like the logical minimum to me.
It's possible. For now it is (after fixes):

No filter
Filter shows:
- Perks you can still assign and assigned perks

I could add a third filter but I actually think this is enough. Would like more info.

For me, I would find it more intuitive for the filter to not show assigned perks.
The third filter was my idea for showing the contributions of your officers, because right now that system is quite invisible for the player.

Cool! In the end ANY filter is better than NO filter. So either way, I'm not complaining. ;)

I tested the Tailor Quest on Willemstad and I can confirm it works and it unlocks the Advanced Commerce ability.

I think I am currently in the process of breaking the Perks Unlocking system because I want to use the GivePromotionReward function ONLY for navy officers.
But that would mean certain perks are no longer available through general play. This will need to be addressed at some point.... :wp

EDIT: Never mind, I'll just handle it a bit differently. :facepalm

Last edited:
Back