• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Perks questions relating to perks_init.c

@Cerdock

Alternatively, download my tailor dialogue fix from bug reports, install that one, enable cheatmode, and ask the tailor to reset your officers. You can then purchase whatever perks you want.

That would be better if you only wanted to do this once. And it works for any officer anytime you want.

Thanks for the heads up. I got the reinitialization working, so the game recognizes the new contributing perks; unfortunately it's still not registerring that I have officers at noncontrib= 0. I'm still getting prospects with Shared Experience and such all the way at the bottom; I may have missed something?

Are there any repercussions to enabling cheatmode and can it be disabled immediately afterwards with no problems? I don't usually give cheats a second thought

Did you install Levis's fix? If you don't install it, new perks are added, but old ones are not removed and the noncontributing does not update. With it installed everything updates.

Yes, no harm to enabling and later disabling cheatmode. Just make sure to download and install my tailor dialogue fix or it won't remove all the perks. You can enable cheats in the internal settings, its at the end of the file. Then go to any tailor and talk to him, he will give you the option to rest your officers.

Thanks again Tingyun. Yes I got Levis' fix as well as yours. The old contributory perks (Fire Ship, etc) had been removed from the contributing list as they should have been, but the officers were still picking them anyway.

That's okay though, the tailor dialogue option fixed all. Cheers!

@Cerdock since you are up for experimenting with some changes to the officer file, if you want an extra challange you might try out this rebalancing experiment: Experiment 3: Firstmate/doctor switch, rebalanced crews and captains, and officer tweaks | PiratesAhoy!

It does have the first mate taking over defense of the ship's hull perks from the doctor, since that never made particular sense, but if you don't want that part, most of the AI captain boosts to make them more competitive are in the more limited Experiment 1: Mod Release - Experiment 1: Skilled AI Captains and fair sea battles | PiratesAhoy!

Experiment 3 includes everything in Experiment 1.

Anyway, most people would probably prefer to not mess with other files and stick with the base mod, but just in case you want to try it out. :) And if you do try it, and have any feedback on how ship combat goes, let me know!

Back