• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Personal city guards

TommyM

Sovereign of Death
Storm Modder
I captured a town the other day and I noticed that all my town guards look the same with "Nathaniel Hawk" 's skin...
Is there a way to change that the guards will have pirate skins for example?

Ok it looks like your game is glitched and i don't think there's a way to change them so you game seams to be glitched i think its best to reinstall it mate :(

I dont think the game is glitched since everything else works just fine.

Last time I tested this, your personal soldiers still used the original game French soldier uniforms. That is what is supposed to happen.

Just got back and am trying to catch up.

When I captured Bridgetown in the Sea Hawk storyline there were Nathaniel Hawks everywhere. Friendly nations are: Spanish, Portagee, and Dutch.

When did that start happening? When I tested Capture Colonies for Beta 3, the soldier uniforms changed properly to Personal Soldiers. :shock

Possibly related: I was in the Antigua store (Victualler's) and made the mistake of claiming I was a genuine privateer when I had the wrong flag. The victualler sounded the alarm and I was attacked by a lot of Nathaniel Hawk clones. (That happened while I was playing Beta 3.2.)

I do remember seeing original-style French uniforms on the soldiers of a colony which I'd captured, but that was when I was playing Beta 3. I never captured any colonies when I was playing Beta 3.2. Now playing "Tales of a Sea Hawk" in Beta 3.1, I'll find out in due time which uniform my soldiers wear when I take Bridgetown...

Really odd. Please do report on your Beta 3.1 findings. Sounds like we've got some double-checking ahead of us!

Beta 3.1, "Tales of a Sea Hawk", and I've just captured Bridgetown. Guards outdoors are dressed in French uniforms from the stock game, as they're supposed to be. But Beta 3.1 introduced the "extra atmosphere" mod, which fills taverns with soldiers. One bug in 3.1 which was known and fixed in 3.2 is that the soldiers may decide to attack you. If they have once attacked you in one tavern, they will always attack you in every subsequent tavern you visit, including if you go out and come back in. And the indoor soldiers, both the standing ones who attack and the sitting ones who continue to sit, are dressed as Nathaniel. So this is what happened when they met the real Nathaniel.

hawks.jpg

Last edited:
So.... are those Nathaniel Hawks mainly a Beta 3.2 new issue? If so, should returning to the Beta 3.1 or Beta 3 code solve this?

The ones in the tavern are in Beta 3.1.

Beta 3 didn't have the problem of Nathaniels in the tavern because "extra atmosphere" hadn't been added, so taverns weren't full of off-duty soldiers. ;)

I've yet to visit Antigua during the current game, so I don't know what sort of soldiers/ruffians attack if I visit the victualler with the wrong flag flying while playing Beta 3.1...

I wonder then.... Should I take the original Beta 3 code base and add ONLY the simple new fixes/features and leave out the ones that are a bit more "complex".
Just for the sake of having something stable and playable. We can figure out those advanced features later, perhaps?

Yes. It is better to add things one at a time and play test rather than dump a huge pile of half finished mods on us and then try to figure it all out.

Back