• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Piractical Story By Captain Kennedy

Walter Kennedy

Bandit Of Barbados
Storm Modder
Hello shipmates, after all this true accounts of pilfering pyracy I thought to meslf as I drank some rum- " meself should tell a imaginary pirate stories, because meself wants to," Anyways heres the story-
Henry King was the average sailor of the day. Literally the tavern- Rheim's Liqourhouse held Pyrate Of The Day Contests every Wednsday- though it was this particular wednsday that changed Henry's life for a while....

The Start Of a Odd Adventure

Gulp...Gulp....Gulp....Gulp.....Gulp...Ahhh was all that came outta 26 year old Henry King as he hurried to drink 12 glasses of Rum punch within a minute- after more glups, and ahhs- he was the victor- poor Rum Richard passed out at 10 glasses. Soon it was from anticipation and peace to a party- the wenches from Gerard's Brothel arrived carrying bottles of champagne and french wine. Rheim the owner of this popular tavern carved Henry's name into a gold err gold spray painted goblet It Read" Henry D. King- Devil Punch Victor- 1709, January 3rd" and placed it on a shelf marked " The Devil- Punch Conquerers". Sailors and townspeople partied- all dead-drunk and sick. Everybody but Henry, Rheim and Rheim's 6 year old daughter- Sarah. The partying continued until 6 men dressed in calico coats and black hats adorned with feathers entered the room.

The 6 men swiftly pulled out their flintlocks aimed at Rheim and demanded all his gold. Rheim was known for giving free-handouts to friends and charging only 2 coins for a large mug, so when Rheim pulled out 45 coins made from the week- they werent convinced that he had only these 45 coins. One of them a tall bearded man revealed the inside of his coat- which was filled with different daggers, knives, dirks- you name it. He pulled out one short but sharp dagger and touched it's point to Sarah's neck- demanding every single coin he had and also his clothing and blankets and food. Rheim entered his room and pulled out 3,000 coins, took out all his blankets, some pork, turey, bread and potatoes and after everything was handed over the 6 men left but carrying one important person- Sarah.

Henry wasnt drunk at the time and saw everything unfold- Rheim sat at his chair shocked, Henry promised Rheim the safe return of his daughter and belongings. Henry packed - 30 coins, a bible, 2 rapiers, and a flintlock and set out in search of these men. It turned out the 6 men were from the pirate ship the Kingston Galley- everybody throughout Europe knew of this hellish ship. It was Captained by what honest citizens described " The Devil Himself". His name was Captain George England.

Henry knew everything about the sea- he had several books on navigating, latitude and longitude and even bought maps just to see what was out there. Henry ran to the docks and saw her- painted black all around except for some blue lines in the bow and gold ornaments in the stern. She was heavily armed- 34 cannon and 26 1/2 pound swivels and 123 men to crew her. She had holes throughout the hull meant for the oars so it twas clear that she was deadly and fast. Henry did everything he could to look like a dirty pirate he rolled in dirt, put holes in his coat, tore a bit of his bandanna and rubbed his hat in dirt. After this odd process he went aboard the Kingston and was imeidatly questioned by the quartermaster Andrew- Henry told him that he was a pirate from madagascar and was looking for a good position on a ship- Henry was welcomed aboard.

Welcome Aboard, Henry King

It was dark and cold and cramped. Henry couldnt see anything until one of the mates Thomas took off his blindfold and left the room to smoke his pipe. Imeidatly he could see dead in the eye- Captain England and Quartermaster Andrew- England was just as he imagined- dressed in black leather, with a red silk bandanna, a small eye patch covering his left eye, a large hat adorned with gold, and a parrot on his shoulder squeaking " Yarr Harr- Give me Der Booty!" Quartermaster Andrew watched Henry closely as if he was going to jump up and attack him. After looking around a bit he could see where he was- in the Great Cabin though it wasnt soo great- in every corner there skulls with dagger stuck deep into their heads, more skulls around the inside used as candles, crossed cuttlesses, a bone chandelier, a ebony table which held several maps, empty bottles of whiskey, his logbook, and a flintlock.
It had been 3 hours- England still sat there on his red velvet chair smoking his pipe watching Henry finally he spoke" You know of Captain W. Kidd, Don't ya boy- why you bein' a pyrate you should hear things ecspecially in madagascar,ehh?" Henry replied" Aye sir- good fellow, before bein' wrongly hung". "Aye"
said England- " It seems that one o' my men- Phillip his name saw you at what was it? Of yes Rheim's Liqourhouse was it so now why don't ya tell me who ye really are?" Henry swallowed " Uhh just a pyrate lookin for work...Thats all" said Henry. All the sudden England pulled out 2 flintlocks and aimed one at his bowels and the other at his neck and saying " Hmm I'm not sure I believe you".

Henry spent another 2 hours trying to convince the captain he indeed was a corsair- telling him everything he knew about Captain Kidd, Robert Culliford, Henry Morgan, Emanuel Wynne, Bartholomew Sharp, and then told the captain about navigation, the different islands good for safe careening, food and shelter. Finnally The Captain was Convinced- " Welcome to the crew Mate!"

It was morning when Henry was awoken from his slumber- and was handed a plate and told to go to the galley and get himself some cheese, hardtack and ham stew. After a suprisingly good breakfast Henry bagan his work- swabbing the deck- polishing the rails, setting the sails, replacing the sails with newer ones, cleaning the sterring wheel, helping the gunner- Jack organizing the catridges, shot and powder into barrels, and cleaning the galley. It was now lunchtime- ham stew and rum. After lunch Henry poked around asking questions about a girl picked up from a tavern- soon he got his answer.

Finding Sarah

Sarah was held in a deck only accesible by the Captain's Cabin. After some more work and the captain and his mates drinking below decks he swiftly moved into the cabin looking for anything- any sgns of a scret door or hatch, he checked under the table, chairs and bed everything. Everything but under the 'toilet" "Oh no'.. though Henry as he took a deep breath pucked up the filled bowl and opened the window splashed the sewega out and aha found a hatch.

Henry opened the hatch which led to stairs after what seemed forever he reached a old dusty door which after opening it revealed a prison. A prison filled with old and young women and men, children,etc. After much looking around he couldnt stand being there the cries of mercy and freedom, and crying and pain was too much for Henry he held his hands on his ears and continued looking until he reached a cell and there was Sarah.

Sarah was in a large cell- alone she was excited when she saw Henry. " Alright little ladie shall we get you out of here?" said Henry as he tried to unlock her cell. After numerous-fails he took a breath and looked around the prison- filled with cells that were filld with skeletons, people, women, men and children in agony.
Henry spotted the Prison-Keeper a large man named Ned.

He heard of Ned by many of the crewmembers on deck they said he was a good prize to take- the captain personally equiped him with chest armor- 10 flintlocks, 9 daggers, 2 cuttlasses, a blunderbuss and a musket.
Ned was large and strong. As Henry peeked into the room where Ned was he saw him- Ned was feasting on Roast pig, and sipping chocolate, and after finnishing his meal he smoked his pipe for 9 minutes then retired to his sleeping chambers.

Henry swiftly crept into the room where Ned was eating, He scowered for a weapon but alas only found a box of tobbaco, playing cards, a bottle of wine and a used pipe. Though he would have to make do. Henry took the bottle and crept into Ned's sleeping chambers where he looked for any sign of a good weapon- he found it Ned slept with his armor and weapons but held onto his musket as he slept.

Henry looked around and found a walking stick " Excellent!" thought Henry as he tip-toed to Ned's bed. Henry then slid the walking stick into Ned's hand as he slowly slid the musket out of his hand. When Henry got the musket he aimed it to kill. But before he could pull the trigger he thought " Focus on the real mission, your not here to murder, your here to get the key- to save Sarah" Henry then fired the musket in the opposite direction which awoke the sleeping ed who hearing this awoke angered and looked around for the culprit till Henry came out from his hiding place and knocked out Ned with the bottle which was destroyed on impact.

Henry scavenged Ned's body and took 2 daggers, 4 flintlocks, the cuttlass, musket, some shot and finnally found Ned's key tied to a necklace. Henry cut the tight knot that held the necklace and slid the metal key into his hand. Though as Henry was about to walk out he spotted something- a black book- Ned's diary.

Henry couldnt resist the urge and imeidatly flipped through the pages it was mostly just dates, times, latitudes, what he ate for dinner, how fancy his pipes were, though some pages caught Henry's attention. The page read " 1708, December 6th, Its December again, I wonder what has become of my daughters and Emily. With the help of the merchants and Zane the Preist they should be merry about this time. Only 2 more years and the captain will free me of this hellish ship and I shall make my way back to Bristol"

Henry seeing this that this tought, meaty man was actually a gang pressed man with a wife and two daughters he pitied the man and carried him to the table and set him down. Henry then took out a Bottle Of whiskey and poured some over Ned's face. That did it, Ned awoke like an infuriated animal looking for the idiot who messed with it.

Click! Ned turned around to see Henry in a brown shirt and a black light coat, covered with armor and holding the daggers, flintlocks and weapons holding a pistol aimed for him. " Now listen here Ned- I can get us out of here on a longboat with the girl, and provisions and riches we can carry. And yes I know of your family- I read your diary now its your choice I can get you off this hellish ship or you can stay here and slowly rot before England goes back on his promise and stabs ya anyway, so do we have an agreemant?' Ned without hesitating agreed- " Alright we have an agreemant but when we reach Bristol you are buying me another bottle of wine" Henry laughed " Alright it is settled"

The Not So greately planned Escape!

The two men dashed to Sarah's cell and unlocked it- when Henry checked around Sarah's body for injuries he found many- bruises everywhere on her body, a cut from a sword on her arm and her ankle sprained. Henry picked up Sarah and told Ned to cover him if any pyrates were to attack. Luckly Ned kept a extra supply of weapons and shot so Ned was armed to the bone: 11 flintlocks, 4 daggers, 2 cutllasses, a grenado shell and a blunderbuss. They ran up the stairs and opened the hatch- the captain was still below decks drinking, so they dashed to the cabin door and peeked out to see Old Jack the gunner cursing at a bloodstain that refused to come off.

Ned instanley like a hero ran towards Jack and choked him until he fell on his gun unconcious. Henry then gathered all the weapons they could get, any food, drink and gold in boxes on deck were placed in the very large longboat along with Sarah. They were about o cast off before Phillip came on deck, drunk and seeing the two he yelled " Damn Ye fellow!, I knew ye to be arr rat but I expected different from you Ned!' and he drew his saber and ran towards Ned and before he could reach his target was shot dead by Henry.

This unfortunaley attracted the men below who were quite angry that their "peaceful" drinking- seeing this the whole crew drew cuttlases and pistols and ran towards Henry and Ned. Ned and Henry ran towards the stern and one by one shot their muskets and pistols killing 5 or 6 over there and killing another 8. When they fired all their pistols Henry and Ned fought with their blades and daggers stabbing and slicing they were overwhelmed. That is until...

Jack the gunner fired his 24 pounder filled with grape shot directly at the crowd of pyrates- yelling " Hehhe I've really wanted to do that fer a looong time!" Jack then fired more of his cannon while Henry and Ned bravely fought- when all the cannon were fired Jack fired his swivels by the time he was done there was but 9 pyrates left. Jack wasnt much with hand to hand combat so he took out 2 pistols and shot 2 of them while ned finnished them off.

The ship was now hellitself- bodies and blood everywhere- Jack was apparently on their side so they let him join, they were sweating and exhausted from the 2 hour battle. Soon an unexpected suprise came- Captain England -drunk and dangerous fired his pistols but missed. He then laughed wickedly and took out another pistol saying" Aye heres me so loyal crew! Ehh so loyal I shall set fire to the powder and we shall all go merrily to hell together!" But before the captain could acomplish this- Quartermaster Andrew came out and stabbed England with two rapiers telling him as he died " I've had it enough of you George, The devil will deal with
you" and like that the captain died..

The Great Trip Returning To Bristol

Quartermaster Andrew joined the 'crew" and as they were going to cast off they remembered the prisoners and they though why not take the ship? So all the prisoners- 60 total were freed. All joined as crew and they shared the work the boys helped Jack clean the guns, the men climbed the rigging, replaced and set the sails,
helped repaint the ship, and helped fix the rudder, the small girls scrubbed the dishes, the women cleaned the cabins, clean the dirty clothing and cooked.

After a week of work they were ready to sail. Before sailing Henry as captain called his "crew" on deck. He said in a loud cheerful, voice " Today Gents and mates we sail for Bristol, we all worked greately in repainting, helping old Jack there organize the catridges, cleaning, everything. So it is my duty to properly rechristian this ship the Royal Fortune" The crew screamed in delight, and they threw their hats in the air the men sang sailor ballads while the girls and women danced.

Henry led the crew across the sea, the men worked the galley oars to go faster and with good wind they made good progress though it was hard work- sea sickness, disease, storms though they managed. Every day the men sang sailor ballads as they climbed the rigging, and the girls and Sarah played with dolls built by Ned, Quartermaster Andrew taught the boys about controling a crew, navigation and about Tortuga.

After a month ot two they reached Bristol, Ned and Henry had become good friends they bought houses near each other so they were neighbors- Ned's family were delighted to see him and Henry returned Sarah to Rheim's who so happy made a special discount- free rum for life.

Epilouge
Ned and Henry frequently visited each other and discussed imports and exports, trading goods, how well sugar was managing and the sea. Quartermaster Andrew and Old Jack were given shares and they bought their own ships. Well Jack didnt- he bought the biggest Mortar he could find and even named it- Rachel. Henry often grabbed a drink of rum at Rheim's liqourhouse- and many- women, children, sailors wanted to hear about his adventures.

The End.

So how was that? This story started around 7:30 pm- Oct. 4, 2012 and ended Oct. 5th, 6:13 pm, 2012 a part of this story had to be redone because some idiot ( me) clicked cut instead of copy. Hope you fellas enjoy!, Captain Walter Kennedy

Back