• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Confirmed Bug Pirate capture bug (Tortuga)

VanessaHudgensFan

Freebooter
Banned
I was playing the standard storyline and after I completed the quests I attacked La Tortue which is a French colony there and give it to the Pirates. Works fine, no problems with this until I wanted La Tortue for myself and rename it to Tortuga. I attacked the fort again but when I reached the Residence there was nobody there. No governor and I was stuck in the Residence with my officers, I thought this is a bug so I reported it here, I'm not sure if I have a save game for this and I wonder if this works by other colonies, but For the Tortuga capture it won't work and the governor disappears after giving it to Pirates...

And is it possible to take Port Royale after finishing the quests in the Jack Sparrow campaign because governor Weatherby Swann only sais 'Leave now you scurvy dog, your sort is not welcome here' I don't know if this affected the town capture as well because we all know the town capture is a little bit buggy right now.

Greetz

VanessaHudgensFan

I was playing the standard storyline and after I completed the quests I attacked La Tortue which is a French colony there and give it to the Pirates. Works fine, no problems with this until I wanted La Tortue for myself and rename it to Tortuga. I attacked the fort again but when I reached the Residence there was nobody there. No governor and I was stuck in the Residence with my officers, I thought this is a bug so I reported it here, I'm not sure if I have a save game for this and I wonder if this works by other colonies, but For the Tortuga capture it won't work and the governor disappears after giving it to Pirates...
Aye, it shouldn't be like that. But as you said, the Capture Colony MOD is a bit buggy or ain't that perfect or finished yet.
Well, just provide a save before that, happening and yer .log files just after that happened. Always do this when reporting problems if possible.
And is it possible to take Port Royale after finishing the quests in the Jack Sparrow campaign because governor Weatherby Swann only sais 'Leave now you scurvy dog, your sort is not welcome here' I don't know if this affected the town capture as well because we all know the town capture is a little bit buggy right now.
Well, you have to try to find out. Aye? ;)

Well, I've tried to take Port Royale and I did work, I've got no problem with Weatherby Swann to take the colony ;)
Oh good. :onya
But this doesn't solved the other problem where I made this thread for :p
That's somewhat strange as you can capture the Pirate Settlement at Nevis with no problem. I remembered capturing it myself before with no problem.
I think the only problem with that before was the Land Troops ability not showing, and you need that as there is no fort there.

Oh good. :onya

That's somewhat strange as you can capture the Pirate Settlement at Nevis with no problem. I remembered capturing it myself before with no problem.
I think the only problem with that before was the Land Troops ability not showing, and you need that as there is no fort there.

Is it possible to take the Pirate Settlement without fort? I've never known about that, how do you do that then?

I don't know why it not works for Tortuga, the governor was gone after I captured it the first time from the French, normally the governor will remain there after capturing a fort.

I wonder why it is always the same governor with the same name :p The name only changed if you kill the governor in the Townhall hehe :p I'm really begin to think I am a Pirate now, killing a governor in his Townhall :p
Greetz,

VanessaHudgensFan

You quoted my post and the answer to your question can be found there.

Okay but I don't get it, there was never a Land Troops Ability there at my game and there is no fort to destroy either so I still don't know how I can take it :p

The same thing goes also for Aruba, there isn't either a fort there and no Land Troops Ability.

Greetz,

VHF

I have tried to take La Tortue after finishing the Jack Sparrow questline (completed all quests) but still I can't take La Tortue, in the standard storyline I'll get a empty townhall after give it to Pirates first and then capture it again but now I've get this. Does anyone knows whats going on here, is this a bug?

I also added a savefile so you can try yourself, just raise another flag and capture the forts as usual and you'll see

Attachments

• Capture La Tortue.jpg
    Capture La Tortue.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 102
  • Tortuga Capture.zip
    875.1 KB · Views: 109
Back