• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Pirate music

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
The burning Brig used to be one of the most active parts of PA, it sure hasn't seemed to be that way the past couple of years. There used to be some witty banter, saucy wenches and a lot of rum flowing around here. I know there are a few of you hanging around here still.

Maybe what this place needs is a little more pirate music!

Indeed a classic there Grey Roger! An awesome movie, and an even more classic book! :onya

Nice one extra crispy, tough to find a version of that song that is not overdone. Hmmm... I just realized we have no fiddler smilies, I thought we did at one time, I shall have to look into remedying that!

In the meantime, more pirate music!!

You can hear that the composer, William Alwyn, based a some of this score on actual shanties! The movie it's self is pretty good swashbuckling fun as well!

You can hear that the composer, William Alwyn, based a some of this score on actual shanties! The movie it's self is pretty good swashbuckling fun as well!
That's a good one indeed! I thought I heard a familiar tune in there. And VERY seafaring-sounding too.
Shame that only the suite is available; I wouldn't mind some more where that came from. :wp

Tales of a Sea Hawk?
You caught us, did ya? :razz

I have been trying to find a Youtube video of the classic The Black Swan score by Alfred Newman as well, but all I can find is the full movie, or I keep running in to that Natalie Portman movie from 2010! :modding

But if you have a couple of hours, it is a great movie! :woot

This song is pretty good though.

Last edited:
I've got the soundtrack to the Black Swan on my computer, but the sound quality is pretty bad. That doesn't make it very nice to listen to. :(

Another golden oldie, "Captain Blood". The quality is pretty dire, either because it's a dodgy copy or because sound recording technology was not that great in 1935. :)

Yeah, recording quality was not exactly the best in the 30's, but a classic indeed! And yet another Rafael Sabatini classic novel as well, I have yet to read a novel by him that is not a classic!

Another golden oldie, "Captain Blood". The quality is pretty dire, either because it's a dodgy copy or because sound recording technology was not that great in 1935. :)
There are re-recordings of a couple tracks from that film in good sound quality.
14 minutes worth. Not sure if that is the same as what you posted.

:cheers Thanks!

We had equipment failures and only got a few poor quality pictures this year. :boom:

That guy in red in the first screen is huge! I come up to about his shoulders. They didn't show Billy Bones! The worlds only 100 year old pirate was there.

Some of the serving wenches were great and I could put me tips in their bosom. :napoleon With some others I had to be quick. :wp

Technology, you can never trust it! I am sure it is just a passing fad!

Some of the serving wenches were great and I could put me tips in their bosom. :napoleon With some others I had to be quick. :wp

:rofl From some of those pictures it looks like there was plenty of tipping going on, and it looked like someone even had to leave an IOU! o_O

Ralph Ferraro - Music From "The King's Pirate" (1967)

If not already used in the buildmod, i'm interested in adding beyond the world's edge and 1741: the last stand to my storylines :yes

Back