• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Pirate of the `Month-April`

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevO44

Lord High Admiral of the Seven Seas
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
Well everybody its time now. Time to start the nomination for Pirate of The Month. We all remember last month when Spaz won. Now its been a month and lets start it up again.

I've decided this month to make Pirate of the Month a Global Announcement so it stays at the top of the forum and people can see it easier, plus so it dosn't get dragged under all the other topics. And now everyone in the modding forums that don't usally come to the Blind Parrot will be able to see it....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules:

March `13th-15th` Pirate Nomination.
March `15th-17th` Pirate Voting.

1. Any pirate may nominate any other pirate.
2. A pirate may nominate himself/herself.
3. Last months winner may not be nominated again.
4. The winner will get this great trophy. The Winner's Trophy
5. The `Runner-up` will get this not so great trophy. 2nd Place Trophy
6. In the event of a tie, there will be another poll to determine the winner between the two/three tied pirates.
7. When this is over we will not delete the subject like last month, it will screw up peoples post count. We will just lock the post and let it drift off into the endless abis of useless posts.
8. Moderators and Administrators are not eligible for Pirate of The Month due to the fact there duty is too make PA a better place.
9. If you are nominated, but don't wish to run, just say so and it will be done.

Feb Winner- Fred Bob
March Winner- Spaz
April Winner- Catalina the Pirate

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have fun with Pirate of The Month, nominate whoever you think should have this Prestigious Award.

Can I just say that it might be a good idea if people are to give a reason for their nomination, and it has to be something that the nominee has done that is outstanding during the month in question (the criteria is endless, but it's a good idea to let others know why you're nominating so and so, they may think, "oh yeah, that's a good choice").

Also, the idea that you can only win once will eventually lead to people winning by default (because all the cool people have won already), wouldn't it be better to know that you were nominated because you deserved it more than anyone for that month, not because you're the only one left.

Anyway, maybe I'm rambling, the whole deal is just a bit of fun I know; this is the third allnighter I've pulled in about a week, I could be losing it...

Oh yeah, I nominate Catalina because she's so damn helpful on the boards, and can deal with any topic, and for a relative new comer(although there are quite a few new comers lately, which is obviously a great thing, and time is flying, which is very scary), anyway, for a relative new comer she has totally jumped in with both feet and is slowly sinking up to her kneck in modding, and we all love those who do mods! :mrgreen:

I seems that no one will nominate me. It seems for me that my successes can not be summed up in one month, but over a year I have done so many thing, with my table, and I have started some of the more popular threads. I also do not post junk posts that much as the rest of you. I was one of the first ones here and so many of you can rack up about 500 posts in a couple of months, while I have only over 600 after about, what has it been a year, year and a half, 2 years since these forums began with the news of SD2 was going to be POTC or something like that? I think that we should do something like those life acheivement awards in the Oscars. That is something I would be worthy of. I think within the next 2 months, I might be able to be worthy of that montly award :p: I've been doing a ton of research :p: :no .

Good, good Now we got 3 nominies so far. Come on people 3 more days. :p:

3? Who's the third? I actually didn't nominate myself. I have decided that unless someone nominates me, because if you have to nominate yourself for something like this, then I think that it sort of aint worth it for you to run in it.

If needs be, than your right. If it weren't for your table I never would have thought up my own. Plus cause of your table you bring such interesting topics to the Blind Parrot.

So I nominate ya's :p:

Thanks. One other point I would like to point out is that I brought the news of all those Pirate Movie DVDs. I could probably bring out many things from past months that I have done, but this is meant for this month.

Well good luck to ya's in the Pirate of the Month race. Its goin be a great one this month...a lot of real deserving pirates out there. :p:

Im going to nominate sampow, as for the past month ive noticed how newbie friendly he has been in the POTC section writing detailed answers for all newcomers questions. Making PA! a much hospitible place and keeping the intrest in POTC alive :p: so i think thats really groovy :p:

LOL, I nominate Python because he is so modest . :p:
I will nominate Kev0, let's not forget how gracefully he withdrew from the tie last time and I really think that alone is worth the award this month. Plus he founded this dern thing anyway. :p:

Here here! :no Fred Bob be secondin' Keith's motion! Sampow lately be a voice o' reason, a `level-headed` one, a man wid a sensible answer tew folk's questions! :p:: Glad fer yer input on dis fo'um, matey! :p:

It looks like it's getting heated in here. I personally think Sampow is a excellent nominie. We do always need somebody to keep the POTC forums going. It seems as though that the Blind Parrot is the jewel of all our forums.

To add another name to the already distinguished list, I nominate Ben Gunn, the excellent flag maker.

Goody we got 4 nominies.

Thanks Diomed for the nomination, but I really don't feel like throwin me hat in the ring this month. Theres already so many good ones, I don't know who to vote for....I wouldn't want to run away with it. ;) j/k

Heh, I make one comprehensive post and I'm a budding overnight star! I'll admit I've been posting quite a bit lately, but that's because I've been almost living on my PC, working day and night (literally) trying to get some software out the door, and this forum is a great place to wander into during compile or download time (which is quite regular) :cheers

PS. Hey I just noticed, Meigger does have a "1000 member man!!" commemoration label. ;)

Yeah but we need to make him his own rank symbol

SKULL...

He helps soooo many people - actually he and Sampow have both been doing a great job helping people here...

I LOUDLY nominate SKULL! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back