• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Pirate Towns

N3H3C

Sailor
Do you guys think it would be a good idea to add more shipyards to the pirate towns instead of just the one in Bermuda? Also how about different locations for each town instead of the same encampment?

Well, Bermuda is the only pirate colony with immediate access to the ocean, the other two are in the jungle so theoretically speaking they wouldn't have a shipwright.

In regards to changing the locations, this is a possibility. I think the AoP pirate towns were different and it might be possible to port the models over provided the person doing it knows how ;)

Good ideas none the less :onya

In the POTC build mod the pirate colony in Nevis was located inland but they still added a shipwright. Might be a good idea to add 1 or 2 more in to the pirate settlements so if we are playing as a pirate character we don't have to go to Bermuda all the time and try to navigate through those rocks :dance

In the POTC build mod the pirate colony in Nevis was located inland but they still added a shipwright. Might be a good idea to add 1 or 2 more in to the pirate settlements so if we are playing as a pirate character we don't have to go to Bermuda all the time and try to navigate through those rocks :dance

You can turn a town pirate. Then BAM....you have a shipyard. You have to finish the Morgan quest to where.....stop reading here if you don't want a spoiler..................................................................................................where Morgan leaves for London. It says he's coming back in a year, but if you're at that point, you can turn towns Pirate. Just make sure you do not do the government quests for other nations. I cannot confirm it myself, but I've read it several places that mixing National (governor) quest lines breaks the Pirate one. You can still do the Dutchman quest. If the governor offers something other than the quest you need, just refuse it. It can drop your standing with them though if you refuse a lot. But defending the town from the Skeleton attack for the cursed pearls raises your standing with that Nation. So it balances out. (You'll know when it's the right quest for the Flying Dutchman quest, because you cannot refuse it when offered.)

I usually just exit to sea when I get near there and then click "sail to" and then go to pirate encampment.
When I exit, I "sail to" either of the nearby beaches..

But still you have a point.

Back