• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Pirates of the Caribbean: Community Prequel Script

Ha ha ha! It's not that impressive... when I say eight pages, I mean eight pages in paperback format. I've written ten now and have roughly 3,000 words, which has just gotten us up the Thames, into Beckett's office, and established Jack's career-saving assignment. Next up is Jack's departure with Edwards for the Ivory Coast to pick up this unknown cargo. By the way... I am trying to implement as much of what was brainstormed here into the story outline as possible, but I have changed and added a few things. For one, I am trying to weave a more intricate web of connections between this story and the entire series... not just a bridge between the end of the book and the mutiny that led to the first film. I'm doing a lot in terms of creating the backstory between Jack and Beckett, how Jack became who he is in the movies, and where everybody came from. It won't answer everything, nor fill in the decade between the mutiny and Jack's arrival in Port Royal, but it will certainly establish how it all started and add extra meaning to what happens in films two and three (which I hope makes them a little better).

Sounds absolutely brilliant to me! We were doing a bit of that, but more is certainly better.

I like the part where in our story outline, it never is clear whether Jack was a respectable man to begin with or not.
It could be he only betrayed Beckett and the EITC because a profitable opportunity involving pirate treasure presented itself.
Could've had nothing to do whatsoever with the fact that he was transporting slaves at the time. :whipa

Have you read "The Price of Freedom"? That's basically the official version of events.
While interesting, Jack seems to be a bit out-of-character for most of the story.
He's generally quite a nice guy all the way, which doesn't really seem right to me.
He's not evil, that I do believe, but he's a pirate proper, through and through,
even if he started out being a bit more gullible than he ended up being! :rofl

Outstanding news! Good to hear! Yeah, Jack really is best when he is not wearing the white hat or black hat but rather the gray hat. ;)

Old Salt! Haven't seen you around here for a LONG time. Good to see you, mate! :cheers

I just fixed up what I could, but it seems the links require a page number and I don't know those. :facepalm

He Pieter. :ahoy Good to be back. I was busy rebuilding my house after Sandy so haven't been able to be on much. I'll look through these pages and try to find the relevant page numbers. I think about this script from time to time.

That sounds AWESOME! Eight pages already? You're QUICK! :shock

Hi folks, been AWOL for a few years sorry... I eventually took a job overseas when I left the military but, it has ended so I am back at home.

Tried to catch up with progress that I had missed.

Mercers character ? I see him as a revenue man chasing smugglers. This is where he meets both Jack and Beckett. He ends up working for Beckett having returned some goods too him which had been smuggled from becketts warehouse. Jack is the captain who sales these goods back to London from Cornwall. Jack knows all the local smugglers but sees an opportunity to improve his situation by sailing for Beckett. Sadly occasional losses at sea occur during bad weather etc which is why Beckett does not trust him (as per original script). We know Jack is not an EITC man at heart but this job gives him the opportunity to play both sides. A little smuggling on the side which Mercer suspects but, Jack is a clever old fox and covers his tracks well. Clearly at some stage Jack is branded so, a bit of anomosity from previous relationships with Beckett would help to explain how they all know each other and why they hate each other.

Really like the idea of Edwards being a colonial man, he could pop in to old jamaica to see his father and realise how badly he is treating his slaves etc etc. maybee he sees people hanging from a gibbet for some trivial crime or something? Who knows.

Trying to get my head around the timeline, are we after the period when the privateers were abandoned by the British crown? This was why many of them became pirates as they were left with no real choice. No contract to harass French or Spanish fleets, so how do you make a living? Well you go freelance I guess. At what period did the American naval conflicts start?

Ouch, we haven't looked at this for two years. I can hardly remember most of what we were discussing.
And I'm so caught up in other things I don't really have time to contribute either. :facepalm

Back