• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Pirates Odyssey: To Each His Own

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, sorry for the silence. I am currently dealing with this shitload of text. When it's done, I'll start testing the game, making a proper trailer etc

I am thinking about giving an early access to some people. The game is huge, surely we need help. I will ask the publisher to allow such a fan-dev cooperation. Is anyone interested? If so, write me on my email joruba92@mail.ru Send me any ideas or thoughts you wish to share. Afterall this franchise means a lot not only to us (the devs) but also to this respected communty.

Cheers.

It also means a lot because there is no other proper open world age of sail rpg available! Talking about early access, do you want us to look out for typing errors or general beta feedback? Is knowledge of the russian language required to help you with the english release??

Hi.

It's both looking out for spelling/grammar errors and general beta feedback. Of course, we are not in position to require anything from you. Any help would be most appreciated.
Still dealing with text matter. The very last peace of work remaining, unfortunately it takes longer because of Ukraine situation (Blackmark Studio is RUS/UA organization). Nothing critical, but it is quite annoying.

Cheers

If you have any particular questions - feel free to send me an email.

So basically, will someone get it for testing before release and if yes, when? I'm getting confused.

So basically, will someone get it for testing before release and if yes, when? I'm getting confused.

You are not the only one who is confused here i'm too...

To be honest i'm quite amazed ppl still trust whatever Joruba says.

A bit of a rundown of what i'm talking:
Hello everyone.

Explanations and status update are coming very shortly. And apologies. Clearly, we owe you a lot of them.

Cheers

That so called "explanation" never came in any proper form, but it doesnt matter rly. Lets move on.

Alright, lads. I have received the last piece of text to edit and to put into the game. It will take two weeks. Once it's done, I'll do the proper post and Q&A. We intend to release POTEHO on June 15th-20th and will do our best to revive the franchise.

Cheers.
Ummm few posts up, AND last year he said translation is done, and he was making a trailer (which ofc we never saw)...so another lie.
Lets move on.

The game is translated btw. We are testing it now.

To be completely honest, I must admit that we are not blameless. Sure, Akella set us up, but we've made few critical mistakes ourselves.

Wohooooooo the game is finally translated after what 2 years? Or not read down....

I do owe you explantions. And I will provide you with them soon. Last year was something grotesque. I wish you could see our mail.

Akella is eager to release the game. They have spent too much on it afterall.
Who cares about explanations we want the game out finally.Yup we never saw explanations.

Yeah, sorry for the silence. I am currently dealing with this shitload of text. When it's done, I'll start testing the game, making a proper trailer etc

LOL wait isnt the game already translated few posts up?

I am thinking about giving an early access to some people. The game is huge, surely we need help. I will ask the publisher to allow such a fan-dev cooperation. Is anyone interested? If so, write me on my email joruba92@mail.ru Send me any ideas or thoughts you wish to share. Afterall this franchise means a lot not only to us (the devs) but also to this respected communty.

Cheers.
You mean the trailer you were working on last year? Too lazy to find your post to quote that one.
If you had any respect for the community you would be honest....it doesnt hurt.

Hi.

It's both looking out for spelling/grammar errors and general beta feedback. Of course, we are not in position to require anything from you. Any help would be most appreciated.
Still dealing with text matter. The very last peace of work remaining, unfortunately it takes longer because of Ukraine situation (Blackmark Studio is RUS/UA organization). Nothing critical, but it is quite annoying.

Cheers

If you have any particular questions - feel free to send me an email.
Dunno whats the relation between translating a text and crysis in Ukraine.
I wish both sides to find peace and resolve differences in this conflict as i have friends in both countries.

And again
Alright, lads. I have received the last piece of text to edit and to put into the game. It will take two weeks. Once it's done, I'll do the proper post and Q&A. We intend to release POTEHO on June 15th-20th and will do our best to revive the franchise.

Cheers.

I actually fell for it, and was trolled for being sucker....shame on me, again for believing in a release date....
There is MUCH more, promises of a release last year, trailer, etc, but i was too lazy to quote more....

In the end this post isnt meant to be trolling, hating or whatever as this forum and this community are very nice people, very friendly, but seriously, can you please stop bullshiting us Joruba.

Last edited:
If you don't believe Joruba, please just ignore his posts.
Either he does tell the truth, in which case this isn't called for. Or he isn't telling the truth, so it wouldn't make a difference.

If you don't believe Joruba, please just ignore his posts.
Either he does tell the truth, in which case this isn't called for. Or he isn't telling the truth, so it wouldn't make a difference.
Well his truth is quite conflicting in his posts, i mean just quoting his posts is self explanatory isn't it and i didnt even go a year back.
But in the end you do make a good point, it doesnt make a single difference.

curious to see if anyone has received the early access and can comment?

also curious if there is a time frame for this early access?

I volunteered for early access through email but am still waiting.:shrug

I received proper notification and acceptance for support, however the game is not currently prepared for testing or review.
The translations are NOT completed as I surmised several months ago.
Time is running out in my opinion and I stated this clearly.
My recommendation is to pursue other endeavors, and close this posting.
However, I will not do this without approval from other staff.

:8q

If you look through this sub forum methinks you will find that in 23 pages of threads only 4 are locked, and those were mostly cases of piracy.

This thread is still active, but if POTEHO is indeed done, then this thread will die a natural death just like the threads 12 pages back did.

At this point i absolutely agree with Pieter. If you don´t believe what someone says it is the best to ignore him. I did it already and feel much better now. As long as we react to wrong promises in life as long a person has reason to continue with that. This thread must not be closed because it was original started for onest anouncements. Why not let it open for possible news about POTEHO that are provable right away.

Cptlwan,

It looks like you are taking all of this way too personally. I don't care if you trust me, I have other problems to worry about. Successful release of the game is more important to me than to anyone else.
I have received several volunteer emails, when I have the final build I will notify them. And the rest of you. The game must be released this summer (July would be the best), it'll be pointless otherwise.

Btw, the studio is not allowed neither to share any information nor to provide support. And yet here I am.

You will have the game and the PROGRAM folder. When? This summer. Why so long? I can't make others work faster especially if they are not being paid for months.

Last edited:
Cptlwan,

It looks like you are taking all of this way too personally. I don't care if you trust me, I have other problems to worry about. Successful release of the game is more important to me than to anyone else.
I have received several volunteer emails, when I have the final build I will notify them. And the rest of you. The game must be released this summer (July would be the best), it'll be pointless otherwise.

Btw, the studio is not allowed neither to share any information nor to provide support. And yet here I am.

You will have the game and the PROGRAM folder. When? This summer. Why so long? I can't make others work faster especially if they are not being paid for months.

You still don't get it do you? Its completly irrelevant if i trust you or i don't and as you quite honestly maybe for the first time in this forum said you dont care, as it should be but....
I quoted YOUR words, YOUR posts. I told you once before we don't need explanations you were persistant that you'll give em, you never did, another bullshit, than release date, another bullshit, translated-not translated-translated-not translated-soon [tm] and so on and on and on and on. Not only you some other representative from your studio also on steam forum.

The successful studios that you probably are trying to become have a better PR managers....i mean man, you conflict yourself in a same topic ON A SAME PAGE... it insults intelligence. Not once, multiple times.

All the problems that come with game development and publishing, all companies have em, you quite so more bcs you do it for very little money or no money at all (as i gather from your words), plus you deal with akella, but than you be HONEST atleast and say something like: "its gonna be released when its done" or something along those lines....but you prob wanna keep the hypetrain running when you actually release a game but cry when you get smacked for bullshiting.

In the end its not personal, i do wish you make SHITTONS of money and become successfull company.

another bullshit, than release date, another bullshit, translated-not translated-translated-not translated-soon [tm] and so on and on and on and on. Not only you some other representative from your studio also on steam forum.
true, because
plus you deal with akella

Let me tell you how the system works. For example, you ask me to open the PROGRAM folder. I send the request to Akella. No reply. I re-send the request. Again. And again.A month passes. They finally give their thoughts. "We need time". This crap happens everytime.

That's why I don't give you any promises anymore. I am quite tired of waiting myself. Sorry if I offended, this crap is just keeping hitting my nerves. The game will be released this summer, otherwise I quit and let them do the job themselves.

i do wish you make SHITTONS of money and become successfull company.

That's not the goal. We just want to give the game a proper English birth.

Last edited:
I have another curiosity aimed at Joruba which u may or may not be at liberty to disclose, exactly how many individuals are physically translating the game. And how many different parties do they have to consult on unknown translations (assuming the story writer people as one of those parties)

I don't believe yall r a big company so i cant imagine very many people, my guess would be a hand full if not only 1 or 2 people are actually translating

Ok mates, this conversation is starting to get a bit out of hand, and it really needs to return to a more civil tone, now.

We have been dealing with Akella off and on for over a decade and it certainly is frustrating at times, I know how even more frustrating they can be when money is involved.

I have another curiosity aimed at Joruba which u may or may not be at liberty to disclose, exactly how many individuals are physically translating the game. And how many different parties do they have to consult on unknown translations (assuming the story writer people as one of those parties)

I don't believe yall r a big company so i cant imagine very many people, my guess would be a hand full if not only 1 or 2 people are actually translating

One. Used to be 5-6 translators. Setting up a coordination with other parties was Akella's responsibilty and they had screwed it. So we are now fixing what they have done. Only 200 kb (of 3 mb) of text is left to translate and to put in the game.

Gentlemen, Jorba only makes his work.
Not an exuse, I am really sorry for my behavoir. As for Akella... Mistakes were made on both parts, but, yes, they made much more the we (the devs) did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back