• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Pirates Odyssey: To Each His Own

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right on bro, that makes a lot of sense as to why the translations are a lengthy project

case in point the post by Jan Marten today at 11:58
Gentlemen, Jorba only makes his work. The only problem is Akella.
That is not anice way, how they talk.

Being a college educated American, this post makes absolutely no sense. I'm guessing english is not Jan's first language

Jam Marten is German. This is an international site so get used to it. Your post makes me like Jan a lot better than I like you.

daman515, this is an international forum, most of the people on it do not speak English as their native language. Please keep that in mind while you are reading posts and try not to judge people based on how they format a post.

I am an American, but I am not college educated. What Jan Marten was saying was pretty obvious to me, so I will translate it for you. Jorba only does his job. The problem is with Akella. They are not very pleasant people to deal with.

Long story short:
- Development has not been going smooth, but progress is still being made
- Any assistance and support that can be provided to Joruba will speed up the process
- Any further negativity is going to be exactly ZERO help!

Did I get that right?

Sorry to have singled you out Jan, that was rude of me. I meant no ill judgement of you. I aimed to illustrate the real difficulties with translations and the concept of lost in translation. I would like to apologize for using you as an example involuntarily, which was unintentionally disrespectful.

Pieter is right. Jorba need any help. I can not help, I speak German. In German it will not be published.

we'll see.. but give this guy a break, srsly... i mean, what would be their benefit from lying to us anyway? Either they release the title in English or not. Doubt they would gain anything from keeping us waiting for something that is never going to exist except for angry sailors but such, obviously, aren't their target audience, better keep calm and get a grog or something...

Last edited:
On Sunday 26th July I got an email from Joruba saying that testers should get test build in 5 days so keep calm.:)

On Sunday 26th July I got an email from Joruba saying that testers should get test build in 5 days so keep calm.:)
As far as I recall, I said that it will take 5 days to finish a translation. We also will be placing the text in the game afterwards. But it shouldn't take much time.

Reactions: fjx
As far as I recall, I said that it will take 5 days to finish a translation. We also will be placing the text in the game afterwards. But it shouldn't take much time.
Sorry, misunderstood you.

joruba will i be geting it i sent you a message to you on your email saying i want to test for you does this mean i get the test game?

joruba will i be geting it i sent you a message to you on your email saying i want to test for you does this mean i get the test game?
Chances are very good. I will contact all eager participants and leave a message here as soon as we have the test build ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back