• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Pirates of the Caribbean (2003) doesn't run

Yes I have worked on the ships while others have worked on programming.

Here is a pic of my C: drive showing where POTC is located.
C drive 11-30-2014.jpg

Definately do play the stock game for a while and then try the mod.

Thank you Ansel, and Pieter Boelen. Do not worry about your English Ansel. I appreciate you time, effort and information.
I understand where to locate the folder now. I did download the New Horizons B14 P3 installer, and part 2 last night. I'm just awaiting for the game. I did see a video on YouTube last night of the New Horizons Mod and I really liked it :

However, I could not tell what build or patch they were running. But from what you said Pieter (about the latest build), it probably doesn't matter. They did not show the load screen, and there were no comments either.

Okay Pieter, the link under your name Pieter - Build 14 Beta 3.3 Internal release - I downloaded that installer too. It is a little larger (274 MB) than the one I downloaded from Moddb last night (112 MB).

I did create one folder for both parts - #1. = b14 beta 3 installer (112 MB) #2. = b14 beta 3 full (2.33 GB). I will also create the C:\potc . folder and place it in the C:\ drive, that way I'll be all set for when the game comes.

Thanks guys, I'm trying not to be a bother - but I just want to be sure I'm doing this right.

That video seems fairly recent. I think it is at least one of the Build 14 Beta 3 releases, though indeed it is hard to tell which one.
But indeed it should give you a pretty good indication of what you can expect.

Okay Pieter, the link under your name Pieter - Build 14 Beta 3.3 Internal release - I downloaded that installer too. It is a little larger (274 MB) than the one I downloaded from Moddb last night (112 MB).
That is indeed the correct size.
You only need the 7-Zip archive from the ModDB and the EXE downloaded from the link in my signature.
The EXE from ModDB is not needed, because those files are already included in the Beta 3.3 WIP version.

We've added quite a bit again and are still continuing.
There will probably be another internal release somewhere in the coming week. That's what I'm aiming for anyway.
We are still doing more testing and I'm trying to find the time to make a couple more proper bug fixes before we post anything to the ModDB.
But even while it isn't finished yet, the Beta 3.3 WIP should definitely be more playable than the release Beta 3.2. :yes

Thank you Ansel, and Pieter. I understand where to place the folder now. I downloaded the New Horizons Mod b14 beta 3 from moddb last night.
I created a folder for the mod and placed part 1 = b14 beta 3 installer (112 MB) inside of it, along with part 2 = b14 beta 3 full (2.33 GB).

You know Pieter, I clicked the link under your name - Build 14 Beta 3.3 Internal release - and it gave me another installer. This one is larger (274 MB) than the one from moddb. Is there a difference?
Thank you to all that has responded, and please don't worry about you English Ansel, I'm so grateful for the time and efforts of you all. I just need to get the game now.

You know Pieter, I clicked the link under your name - Build 14 Beta 3.3 Internal release - and it gave me another installer. This one is larger (274 MB) than the one from moddb. Is there a difference?
Yes, there are a lot of differences. Check my previous post for a short overview in case you missed it.
Otherwise, the opening post linked to in my signature provides a full overview of all changes made since the Beta 3.2 release on ModDB.

Thanks Pieter,

You know I posted my first reply with the video link, then I sent a personal message (started conversation?), and when I came back to the thread - My original post was gone! I couldn't figure it out. That's Why I posted the same message over again. I know I'm 60 - but I don't think senility is setting in yet! I scrapped the installer from ModDB and kept the one from your link.
Sorry about the redundancy, I still have to learn navigation skill of this site.

Nightmare gets credit for that Youtube video. It is dated June 27, 2014 so is probably one of the Beta 3.3 WIPs.

Hello all,
I purchased the game on Monday, and the seller states that he sent it out on Tuesday. I should have it by the end of this week, or early next week. I can't wait. It's been a long time, and I won't have to get "green with envy" anymore - watching others play this game on YouTube.

Back