• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Playing without save scumming

Ivegonehollow

Landlubber
Can this game be played without exploiting the good old "I save before a random generated event and load as many times as needed to get the best outcome" trick? I have played Mount and Blade Warband : POP mod on max diff in Iron man (no save) without problems but this game seems something else in the difficulty aspects.

I always save a gazillion times playing both COAS and this game. I save everytime I think things are gonna get hairy. In COAS you can get different loot each time you play through a different save. For instance the Katana in the Bluebird Quest doesn't appear everytime you beat the ship. Sometimes I will play the same scene a bunch of times before I finally get the Katana.

There is an option where you can only save the game in a church. Maybe that's for people who don't find the game frustrating enough. :)

I do not see how this game can be played without save scrumming. Not so much to get the best possible outcome, but simply to be able to complete a quest or not die. I have a personal rule: if I'm reloading just to get a different option, I only reload 3 times. I sometimes violate this. But 10 minutes spent save scrumming is 10 minutes not playing the game..

Hook

Back