• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

PMT Build v11 RELEASED!

RELEASE *** RELEASE *** RELEASE

After many long hours through many months, many failures and many discoveries, we're proud to announce the PMT Mod Build v11!

The POTC Mod Team and Guest Modders includes, alphabetically: AlexusB, BoochA, Captain Hammered, Catalina the Pirate, Clutch Marauder, CouchCaptain Charles, Duke Surak'nar, GreyDog, Grumblepunk, Hayreddin Barbarossa, Hosehead, Inez Dias, Kieron, Lady Eliza Jane, Mehrunes, Mithrandir, Moetman, NathanKell, Sailor Al, Scheffnow, Verruckt, and von Reinhart.

We would also like to extend a Special Thanks to:

GreyDog, proprietor of PiratesCrossroads ( http://www.piratescrossroads.com ); Taghmon; Draksen; Vice Admiral Wallace of Pirates Ahoy* ( http://www.piratesahoy.net ) Ellaybe Island Community ( http://www.thelib.com ), and everyone who has contributed mods, testing, and ideas to this build!

NB: That means you!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would also like to take this opportunity to introduce someone you may not have heard much about: Scheffnow.

Scheffnow is a recent (well, relatively) arrival in our community, and in the PMT. However, his work is amazing and he himself is a _great_ person. I seriously don't know how we managed without him, and hope we never will be without him in the future.

Many great new features of the build--the first seen being the new installer--are his work.

And a big thankyou to him especially, Sailor Al, Couch Captain Charles, the whole PMT; they stepped in when I disappeared and continued development of the build, and--while leaving it "thrust into their lap" as it were was an awful way to start--had done some _amazing_ things by the time I got back, and have done more since.

And two more. You may not see Catalina's or Grumblepunk's name in the mods list much, but they have done work as necessary though less flashy: making sure that all the neat new features actually _work_.
This is equally invaluable, and equally necessary to making an actual mod. A Very Special Thankyou to you two as well!

Of course this is not to say that anyone else's contribution is not `thank-worthy`; quite the opposite! There's just so _much_ work in this build, and all of it worthy of thanks!
But I feel I ought to mention the above three as they may not be as well known (either generally or as PMTers) though they should be.

A note on the `Post-Build` Environment, if you will, will follow ASAP, as things are changing--IMO for the better--in this regard.

So, without further ado, we proudly present to you:

BUILD V11!

Mirrors: PA and Verruckt's server (see page below)
Grab via:
http://mods.piratesahoy.net/index.php?acti...ntry&entryid=73

*And again a BIG thankyou to PA, for providing a _serious_ chunk of storage!
This thing has grown by leaps and bounds to 40! MB all told, but thanks to the work of Scheffnow and Lady Eliza Jane and friends is available in multiple "flavors"--with walkthroughs on setup! So, click away and follow the `on-screen` instructions.

Now, the `v11-specific` FAQs.

Q. Will I have to start a new game?
A. If you are currently playing with build v10.2, no! However, you will have to reinit after loading your save, and this is not _guaranteed_ to work. If you have any trouble, please start a new game.
If you're running Build 9 or less, or no build at all, yes, you will have to start a new game.

Q. What happened to NK.c?
A. The file is now known as BuildSettings.h and includes _way_ more settings.

Q. What about the European Patch?
A. Fuggedaboudit! The EP is now integrated into the build, both into the installer (choose "European version" if you have one) and BuildSettings.h (the EURO define).
Q. And `de-localizing` (RunMe.bat)?
A. This too is included in the installer.

Q. What's new?
A. You asked for it.
In fact, there is _so_ much new stuff, I can't list it all here. Please check the readme.
Some highlights, however:
(optional) New textures by Catalina that fix the reversed map problem by adding a _new_ map.
Two new ship skins by Catalina
Tailors Mod, by Scheffnow and Sailor Al. You have to see this to believe it. Consider it the ultimate evolution of the Wardrobe mod.
New F2 Interface by Kieron. Ditto. You have to see this to believe it.
Weapons Mod, by Scheffnow and Sailor Al. (integrated into the Tailors Mod, due to armor). This adds quality levels to all weapons, regularizes stats, and changes how armor works (you now must own clothing that includes armor to use armor). Note that in effect this gives you five times as many weapons as you had before.
Also integrated: New skins for the new blades (CG, BC, SR, F100) by me.
Coast raiders and coasters by CCC. Finally, islands aren't deserted! Sail past the local coasters, avoid raiders, or assist the fort...
Survival by CCC--think death is a bit final? Well, the angel of light--or perhaps your loyal crew--or a hearty barmaid--may save you from your final rest. Or you might hop into your trusty lifeboat just in time...

And many more.

This is v11 of the build.

It is _not_ the PMT Expansion, the massive, `world-changing`, `island-adding`, `story-telling` expansion. However, that's in process. Will be for a while, but good things are.

But this is pretty cool too. :blah: (If I do say so myself 8): Besides, I have an excuse now that most content in 11 isn't by me. :( )

Q. How do I buy clothes now?
A. Like item traders, clothes traders (tailors) have a limited stock, which refreshes daily. Also, like item traders, if you don't meet requirements (say it's a uniform--you must be rank X to purchase a uniform) the item won't be shown.

Note that the documentation will be gradually being updated and redone, as it, well, it needs it. :blah:

For now, if you have a question, ask away! Odds are I forgot to mention it in the readme... 8)

Reubz:
I am sure I speak for everyone who's worked on the build when I say:
It is our pleasure; we're happy to do it. Modding is fun stuff.

{irrepressible radical} Legends are meant to be poked at {/ir}.

Seriously, if anyone has suggestions, comments, criticism, whatever, we'd love to hear it. We're just people having fun making stuff, and hoping others--and we ourselves!--will have fun playing with it. 8)

Oh, right, one more point.

If you want the Pirates! Gold music, you have to install the PGMus pack _after_ v11, and make sure in BuildSettings.h PGMUS is set to 1. (Follow instructions in the pack).
If you _don't_ want it, make sure PGMUS is set to 0 (I may have left it set to 1 by mistake, because I always play with PG music).

Awsome Nathan,I already blew meself up open'n one of dem chests Har! 8) Fer some reason me grahics in de game are much better? :blah:

The chest? Thank CCC. :blah:
The graphics? Well, AFAIK the only big change is another great revision of Mithrandir's weather mod, so if anyone thank him. 8)

Yarrr! :(

Fred Bob be a congratulatin' an' a thankin' all ye Pyrates an' Lasses dat hepped complete Build 11! :blah:

Hooo Weee! 8)

Alright, the update didn't work after I installed it so I did a frest install of the generic PotC and I'm downloading the full 11 buld now.

I had buld 10.1, but after the upgrade to 11, the install was smooth, but the game crashed at the menu screen.

AdmiralQ: Do you have a European version of POTC? If so, did you select European Version when installing?
If not, open the POTC Mod Helper and turn that on.

<!--`QuoteBegin-NathanKell`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NathanKell)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->AdmiralQ: Do you have a European version of POTC? If so, did you select European Version when installing?
If not, open the POTC Mod Helper and turn that on.[/quote]

No I'm using the American version, but that wasn't the problem. I needed to reboot after installing the build. Both the update and the full 11.

Sorry I feel stoopid now after such a simple error.

:blah:: :(

Can't wait now to try out the new build, cheers 8):

Actually I could be wrong about rebooting because it crashed again, but I just tried over, and the game locked up for a few seconds, then all the init list appeared. It may be just that with all the new stuff, the first time you run the game could crash it out as everything gets set up 8)

Aye I thought it was gonna crash when ye start in yer cabin there is a long pause before it reinitializes.Great job all ye modders,love it from what I've played so far,love all de ships in de harbour,De Interface screens fantastic.Tailor shop is fantastic,Iv'e only played fer an hour an half so I'm sure there be lots more 8) :blah:

Back