• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Port crashes

Tyler_the_Corvair

Landlubber
ok, so, I'm a new member and have only recently discovered the mods for my old POTC PC game, and so far I have experimented with Community Build 13 and loved it, so I decided to try mod 14 4.0 just to see if it would work. I reinstalled the original stock game and uninstalled all modding I had done unto that point and then downloaded mod 14, following the instructions given to me by mod db. After installing the new mod, I opened the game and decided to try the original stock storyline it gives you, with Nathaniel Hawk sailing the Sea Horse. After the game had loaded and after speaking with Malcolm the ai, I went above deck and tottled around for a minute trying to see all the cool new stuff they added to the decks. After wandering around for a minute or two I found that you could access port through the anchors at the front of the ship.

However, when I clicked and gave the game the command to go to port, it came up with the port screen as if it was loading, and all was well until suddenly a message appeared reading:

"the instruction at "0x0041293a" referenced memory at "ox209d3ad0". This memory could not be "read""

It also gave me the option to 1) terminate the program, or 2) debug the program.

When I attempted to debug the program however, the screen closed and nothing happened. I do not know if this is a bug, but if possible I would like to know if there is any way to help this mishap.

I also attempted this with several other storylines and characters, but every time I get the same message.

What kind of computer do you have (specs and windows version etc) you installed it outside program files right?

@Tyler_the_Corvair I can't replicate the bug so I need more information.
Like:

- Have you installed any other stuff (like the enhanced graphics or the intel fix etc)
- What version of windows
- What kind of videocard do you have
- Does stock potc work?
- Did you follow the install instructions right
- Did build 13 work on this same system?

@Tyler_the_Corvair I can't replicate the bug so I need more information.
Like:

- Have you installed any other stuff (like the enhanced graphics or the intel fix etc)
- What version of windows
- What kind of videocard do you have
- Does stock potc work?
- Did you follow the install instructions right
- Did build 13 work on this same system?

ok, here's what I have:
-My computer doesn't handle the enhanced graphics well so I left those out of the download. I also do not have an intel videocard so i did not install the videocard fix.
-I have windows xp
- I have a GeForce FX 5500 256mb
-stock POTC works fine on my pc
-I followed the instructions to a t outside of program files
-upate 13 worked fine. I haven't yet attempted update 3.4 in the hopes that I can get 4.0 to work

I uninstalled the game and reinstalled stock POTC after this happened, however it seems that the file on the website refuses to fully download now. I still have the installer, just not not 4.0 part 2. the closest I came was 1.1gb then the download stopped.

There are several mirrors available when you press "read more".
Surely one of them must work?

I mean there are other links there that "mirror" the same file.
So if one source doesn't work, you can try one of those others and perhaps that will work better.

Back