• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

possible quest bug connection

morgan terror

Magnificent bastard
Storm Modder
Public Relations
as i mentioned elsewhere, the smuggler who is supposed to bring by to beltrop has no dialogue in my game except for a few dotted lines. however, for some reason, my assassin side quest is working completely without bugs. i'm beginning to suspect that there's some kind of connection here. could someone check this? try playing the assassin quest past the second target (where it usually bugs up due to an accidentally way too short time limit) before you go searching for rheims.

Assassin quest? You mean the Hitman one, right?
(I like referring to the sidequest as Hitman and the seperate storyline as Assassin to prevent confusion)

It could be that the Standard storyline and the Hitman sidequest have some shared character that could mess things up if played in the "wrong" order. To fix that, we'd need to know exactly where it gets messed up...

both quests have something to do with la grenade. i don't think the second hitman quest is based there though, only the first and fore-last.

If you are talking about what I think you are talking about, someone else will have to do it. That happens so early in the story that it reminds me of baseball. Three strikes and you're out. I got nowhere with it.

It's been a while since I attempted it, but at Sao Jorge someone walks up to you in the tavern wanting to hire you to kill someone in San Juan. When you go there you end up in a room with 4 others. Two choices:walk out or fight. My skill levels are so low at this point that I lasted about 5 seconds.

as i mentioned elsewhere, the smuggler who is supposed to bring by to beltrop has no dialogue in my game except for a few dotted lines. however, for some reason, my assassin side quest is working completely without bugs. i'm beginning to suspect that there's some kind of connection here. could someone check this? try playing the assassin quest past the second target (where it usually bugs up due to an accidentally way too short time limit) before you go searching for rheims.

If I understand this you are Playing in the Standard storyline:-

Hard Labors of and Assassin sidequest ( Hitman )

and

Find the traitor named Raoul Rhiems (questheader in main Quest)

In between the jobs given you by Mateus Santos ( Hitman quest ) you are also went looking for Rheims by talking to the Sao Jorge tavernkeeper and the smuggler then had (.... ) dialog instead of taking you to Beltrop. :yes

It has been a while since I played this but I think that once you have accepted the Hitman quest you have to complete it before you can continue with the search for Rheims in the main quest, even though the timers in the Hitman quest appear to give you enough time to run both together. This is probably why the smuggler who was to take you to Beltrop only has (.... ) dialog. (could the smuggler character be shared with one of the guards of Pepin Bertillion - the guy you kill on Nevis ) :shrug

The last time I played this I completed the Hitman, then went back to the Sao Jorge, Grenada tavern and asked tavernkeeper about Rheims and the smuggler outside the tavern talked to me & transported to Beltrop OK.

It's been a while since I attempted it, but at Sao Jorge someone walks up to you in the tavern wanting to hire you to kill someone in San Juan. When you go there you end up in a room with 4 others. Two choices:walk out or fight. My skill levels are so low at this point that I lasted about 5 seconds.

You also have the choice of working for Mateus Santos ( the boss in the room) this should start the Hard Labors of an Assassin ( Hitman ) sidequest :yes

i've only just finished the hitman quest, so i think i'll have another go then. good thing it's not permanently broken. i wonder why my hitman quest WASN'T broken though, like with other people. may be because of the same circumstance.

i've only just finished the hitman quest, so i think i'll have another go then. good thing it's not permanently broken. i wonder why my hitman quest WASN'T broken though, like with other people. may be because of the same circumstance.

There is another version of the Hitman quest, called Worm in the Apple, in the Assassin Storyline. - Perhaps that is the one others are having problems with. :shrug

okay, that didn't work. dialogue's still messed up.

never found the worm in the apple one, though it does ring a bell. notoriously difficult to find. think it had something to do with camille leone.

Worm in the Apple is a part of the Assassin storyline starring Johan Elting.
Camille Leone is in the rewritten Hitman sidequest that is in the Standard storyline starring Nathaniel Hawk.

Hi,
first of all, let me express my admiration for the New Horizons Mod
me.gif
it's completely revived the old POTC game for me.

Now to the heart of the problem:
I'm stuck in Raoul Rheims' house in the smugglers lair in Le Grenade
I sneak in from the side like I'm supposed to, I then get automatically moved a bit, then I get a dialog with an invisible person, this usually displays the last dialogue I had that had no options. In my case, the dialogue of a rescued damsel I met earlier, I then receive Rheims' journal...
after that i can only strafe sideways using A or D, I can also activate the chest (if I can reach that) and activate the door Icon, but it's locked, nothing else happens after that.... and I can't use any other keys or draw my weapon or anything...
I tried several seperate saves and even reinstalled the game, but no luck....
Is there any way to fix the quest, or at least to get unstuck so i can get on with the looting and pillaging...
dunno.gif

:facepalm

It should have something about finding the journal and then the guards from outside come in and fight you

I know, but no guards.... I've tried looking in the code files to see if I could find something related to this quest but haven't found anything so far.

I'm also confused about the movement issue, I've seen that happen once before when my ship was boarded, my character was stuck in the same way, resulting in my officers and crew being slaughtered while I could do nothing... :(

Hmm, that complicates things.... OK I will start afresh with the new horizons storyline in this install and see what happens...

hmm, none on La Grenade, I've done one or two " sink a ship" missions for various governators and I ran into Artois Voysey in the smuggler settlement but I think that's supposed to happen. the only other unresolved quest is one about some statues a guy in the market in the french settlement where you meet the bark Oiseau gave me...
dunno.gif

It doesnt have to be from Grenada :no

It really only has to be a sidequest that used a self dialog (like in the main storyline :shrug)

Back