• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

PotC Build Mod Ship Cleanup

Does anyone think the period-specific fail-safe ship selection needs to be modified a bit after this?
Code:
		// PB: If all fails, return a random period-specific ship type instead of the player ship -->
switch((GetCurrentPeriod()))
{
case PERIOD_EARLY_EXPLORERS:
switch(rand(1))
{
case 0: return GetShipIndex("Carrack"); break;
case 1: return GetShipIndex("caravel1"); break;
}
break;

case PERIOD_THE_SPANISH_MAIN:
switch(rand(2))
{
case 0: return GetShipIndex("SP_Derfflinger"); break;
case 1: return GetShipIndex("pinnace1"); break;
case 2: return GetShipIndex("FastGalleon1"); break;
}
break;

case PERIOD_GOLDEN_AGE_OF_PIRACY:
switch(rand(2))
{
case 0: return GetShipIndex("Barque4_47"); break;
case 2: return GetShipIndex("frigate1"); break;
}
break;

case PERIOD_COLONIAL_POWERS:
switch(rand(2))
{
case 0: return GetShipIndex("PiratHannah"); break;
case 2: return GetShipIndex("frigate2"); break;
}
break;

case PERIOD_REVOLUTIONS:
switch(rand(2))
{
case 0: return GetShipIndex("ketch"); break;
case 1: return GetShipIndex("Hooker"); break;
case 2: return GetShipIndex("Corvette47"); break;
}
break;

case PERIOD_THE_CORSICAN:
switch(rand(2))
{
case 0: return GetShipIndex("Schooner50"); break;
case 1: return GetShipIndex("FastMerchantman1"); break;
case 2: return GetShipIndex("lineship47"); break;
}
break;
}
// PB: If all fails, return a random period-specific ship type instead of the player ship <--

I am having a problem in Beta2. plus the fix

I allocate the ship RN_Third_Rate to a character in characters/init.c (Hornblower quest)
and the game crashes at the start of a new game.

If I change the ship to different one - the game runs O.K.

Would someone be kind enough to check: "RN_Third_Rate" for me to confirm/deny that it is a correct ship file.
Thanks.

In GMViewer, there is no RN_Third_Rate in either beta2 or beta 2.1.

Methinks the ship you are looking for is called RN_Battleship or more likely RN_SuperiorWarship.

The RN_Third_Rate is one of the many removed/renamed ships. In this case, I think the closest equivalent is RN_Warship.

I am having a problem in Beta2. plus the fix

I allocate the ship RN_Third_Rate to a character in characters/init.c (Hornblower quest)
and the game crashes at the start of a new game.

If I change the ship to different one - the game runs O.K.

Would someone be kind enough to check: "RN_Third_Rate" for me to confirm/deny that it is a correct ship file.
Thanks.

I have just installed Beta 2.1 full ( new clean install - onto stock game ) and Hornblower story starts ok. :?

I think Short Jack Gold is talking about his unreleased WIP files, not the files included in Beta 2.1. There WAS a problem in Beta 2, but that is fixed now.

The RN_Third_Rate is one of the many removed/renamed ships. In this case, I think the closest equivalent is RN_Warship.

I just took a look at that ship in GMViewer and it looks to be a 40/44 gun 4th/5th rate. Plus many of the guns in the stern area do not have fire locators.

Someone needs to take a look at the RN_Warship.

That WAS the original RN_Third_Rate though, modified by Armada, if I recall. We removed the RN_Fourth_Rate, because she looked similar and didn't have enough cannons to qualify as fourth rate.
The Third Rate does qualify as a fourth rate though, but not a third. Again, if I recall...

Indeed I modified the former RN_Third_Rate to have 52 guns, which now classifies her as a 4th Rate Ship-of-the-line (the 4th Rate boundaries I use are 46-62 guns).
I recall adding the extra locators to the '_deck' GM file, but it seems I never uploaded that adjustment, because the locators aren't there in Beta 2. :facepalm
That's slightly annoying, because I kept several ship model folders from before Beta 2 in case this happened, but RN_Third_Rate was not one of them.
I think I wrote down the coordinates somewhere, so I'll see if I can put the locators back and upload the changes sometime.

Thanks for the information and help shipmates.

The ship is indeed for the current work in progress quest.

I will use another ship for the time being.

Thanks again :doff

Back