• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help POTC Map

It has been years since I played the stock POTC, but I do believe that the map was not changed until build 14. Those maps look very unfamiliar to me.

Yep, those are the originals for the Stock Game up to Build 12.1 . Build 13 Final has a completely new map and the Build 14 Beta has another additional three islands.

I remember that first map! I used it back in the days before I knew about the Build Mod.
I recall finding the map online, mind. It didn't come with the game itself.

That was in 2005 though, before they apparently removed the game from their website.

It seems that we at PiratesAhoy! are now pretty much the only custodians of both PotC and CoAS.
Bethesda pretends PotC doesn't exist and Playlogic pretends that we are the official support and licensing site. Or something.
I get the faint impression no official companies even remotely care about these games anymore.

Wow, that's a fantastic map! Looks very accurate, and I love the detailing. :onya

That's beautiful indeed!

Some notes though:
- The names of islands/towns change depending on the time period. Do the ones you use match with the 1690 year written on the map?
- "Eleuthra" should be spelled "Eleuthera" and "Peurto Rico" should be "Puerto Rico"
- Nowhere in the game is Willemstad spelled with a "t" at the end

We should post this on the ModDB as well for everybody's benefit. :woot

Cheers mates.
I've fixed those spelling errors -- well spotted Pieter! :keith

I've only played Nathaniel so the names do relate to 1690. I sent him on a map-making expedition once he'd got a fast ship, chronometer and sextant, so some of the positions are checked against the ingame inventory map. It's so cool that you can make your own objectives in this mod. Of course do whatever you like with the map.

There are a few abrupt jumps between locations, especially in the south-east, but I guess you know about that.

Ohh nice map Jaco! Printing it out ASAP!
Is it possible to get it in 1080p or more?:)

Not heard of this Open Sea's Mod... just got settled with New Horizons too so I would be reluctant to restart so soon..

The Open Sea Mod makes voyage lengths more realistic (eg. longer). You can have plenty of fun without it, I'm sure.

Can somebody tell me where the hell is the causeway of puerto rico? i need to return the friggin relic to a friggin monk. im frekin out here:bounce

Back