• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

-= POTC MOD IDEAS =-

Mods

-=Stranded Mod=-
A mod that gives you the ability to surrender in a ship battle. If you surrender you will be put on an island or something. That would be kinda cool!

-=Pirate Town Mod=-
And what if someone could make Quebradas Costillas a little more `pirate-like`. If it is possible, can you make some idle pirates just hanging around, and maybe some fights in the tavern?

-=Additions to the Wardrobe Mod=-
I haven't got the latest POTC Build yet, but in the version I have there is a Jack Sparrow model in the wardrobe. The model is nicely done and all, but there is a better model! I used the other model before, but when I installed the Build I lost it... Can you add this and perhaps some models from Master and Commander?

-=Skeletons Mod=-
I would really appreciate it if anyone could retexture the skeletons in the game. They really look like they have been bleached! I think they should look a little bit more scary, like the ones in the movie! If anyone could do this i would be grateful!

-=Additions to the Military Mod=-
I was just starting a new game and I thought "Why don't I join the military of England?". So I went over to redford and told the fat man in his house... When I came out the front door afterwards I was really disapointed. My character had a big mustache and looked quite awful! Can someone make a military man "wardrobe mod" so that one can change the look of the character when you join the military?

-=Additions to the Starving Crew mod=-
I think that instead of just making the crew eat wheat and drink rum they should be able to drink wine and eat for example chocolate to. At least they should be able to drink other things than rum.

-=Additions to the Weather Mod=-
I am playing with a rather old version of the build and I do not know if this is fixed in the newer versions. When I installed the build and started to play it was really frustrating at sea because I couldn't hit the other ships with my cannons because of the darn waves. If you can tone them down a bit that would be great!

-=World Map Change=-
I for one thinks that the world map is really ugly and unrealistic. It just looks silly when the ships follow you and try to attack. Someone should change this with a "old archipelago map" or something.

-=Noise Mod=-
When you board a ship and fight I am amazed that no one are making any sounds! Perhaps they are all silent assasins! There shoulb be loud screaming sounds, because in real life pirates made loud screaming noises to scare their opponent!

-=Additions to the Starving Crew mod=-

Yeah an idea. There is rum, ale, and wine. You could select(any of the 3) for your crew to drink and that would raise there moral and other things.
[/quote]

You can download a skin collection that I made containing all of the royal navy ranks. Just look in the mods section to find it. Be sure to read the readme file once you've downloaded, as you'll have to do some copying and pasting. Also, Deringer is coming out with an excellent collection of military skins soon. Check the thread "New Military Skin" for updates on that one.

Hope it helps.

Oh good. I have an idea... I only WISH I COULD REMEMBER IT!!! :cheers:

(I need some more rum!) :cheeky

Seriously, I did come up with a suggestion, only it was in the middle of the night and I didn't write it down, and now I can't recall what it was. Sheesh. I'll post it here when I find out where I put my mind... :cheeky

Ah... I remember now... <ahem>

I don't know if it matters much, but...

When I board a pirate vessel - all the fighters look like some of my ordinary seamen - or officers! Sometimes when I run over the gangplank to the other ship it's difficult to figure out who is who before I strike. Is there some way to discern the pirates from my own crew?

Oh well, there's probably not anything that can be done about it. I guess I should just stand there, let them all beat the heck out of each other, and sort it out later. :cheers

Hakon,
Stranded Mod: Look here http://www.thelib.com/yabbse/index.php?boa...d=1932;start=15 as CouchCaptainCharles is workign on something similar that might be fun

Pirate Town Mod: The Vice City mod that is included in the latest build adds lots of extra fights with various ruffians including tavern brawls :cheeky

Additions to Wardrobe: If you know where a better Jack Sparrow mod is then you could PM NK to let him know and ask if it can be put into the build.

Military Mod: I've seen elsewhere that there could be a possibility of including changing your officers uniforms in a future Build.

Weather Mod: I know that in Version 8 of the Build I had battles in seas that almost made me seasick :?
But the weather does seem to be better with the current build.

Noise Mod: Didn't you know that your ship only hired mute sailors? :cheers

Catalina, The easiest way to handle that is by killing them all :cheeky
But if you're not role playing a mass murdering evil pirate you could look at the HP figures that appear over their heads when they're hit, your men should be in green and the enemy should be red.

An idea

How about for the next build, now this may be asking to much but. Could there be a way to have control over individual sails. I mean instead of having them all open at the same time you could control which ones you want open and shut.

Another idea would be have a delay on different sails. I mean they all didn't open and close at the same time. You could have one sail on a 1 sec. delay and the other on a 3 sec delay. So that way it would be more realistic.

Sirus_Darke said:
Catalina, The easiest way to handle that is by killing them all :D

Hummm, yes, usually do. :cheeky

Sirus_Darke said:
But if you're not role playing a mass murdering evil pirate

:cheeky: ME????? :cheers <evil laugh> :?

Sirus_Darke said:
you could look at the HP figures that appear over their heads when they're hit, your men should be in green and the enemy should be red.

Regardless of who - friend OR foe - I think the HP are in green if they're still relatively healthy - like before you take away half their life by smacking them with your sword! I recall vividly standing before a Redcoat, and he had a LOT of health (200?) - when I cut him, his stats were still green, and so I cut him again and his stats turned red. Then I cut him one more time, and he crumpled to the deck...

This was just a day or so ago - took a Man o' War with my Xebec BR. :|

Some more ideas from my feeble cerebral tenticle...

So I was looking in the gallery at the National Maritime Museum (see this great site at this link provided by SubLt_Will) http://www.nmm.ac.uk/collections/ at "Edged Weapons" and there are some REALLY NICE swords, cutlasses, Naval hangers, &tc... Someone could make up some niiiiiiiiice new swords with these pics as reference...

And... There were some beauuuuuuuuuuuutiful presentation swords. Maybe one of THESE could be worked into a side quest... Sword might not be advisable to use (even tho it could have a Damascus blade), but it could be extremely valuable... And it could be stolen from someone and you have to find it - maybe you get it and it gets stolen from YOU several times before you end up either returning it, or finding someone to pay you BETTER money for it than the reward being offered for its return? Heh... You could use that offer to leverage more money from the original owner... I dunno... It might work! :p

And here's another thought... You can have a dagger. Might it be possible to work up a "belaying pin" or a `cosh-type` weapon? Heh... When you only want to knock someone out instead of kill them? MAYBE this could be worked up into some kind of side quest?

:cheers:

Is there some way we could have a "jettison cargo" feature when we're plundering ships? There are some times when I prefer having more, oh, say SANDAL, than grapeshot, for instance - But when I'm transferring two here and back and two there just to transfer over the cargo, it takes up too much time!

Also, I have some problem with trying to transfer MEN to ships when running shorthanded - if I am TOO shorthanded I cannot get out of the screen to go to another ship that has more men to transfer, so I have to kill the entire game in order to get out of that screen. Maybe when performing "administrative" duties (transferring between my own ships), I have a way to at least see where I'm going to run into that problem so I know which ship to transfer to (the one with the most men) and which ship to select (the one that needs men) to transfer men to?

I dunno, maybe I just need to slow down some and take my time analyzing the problem before I just blindly drop into the transfer screen. :cheers

<!--`QuoteBegin-CatalinaThePirate`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CatalinaThePirate)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Ah...  I remember now...  <ahem>

I don't know if it matters much, but...

When I board a pirate vessel - all the fighters look like some of my ordinary seamen - or officers!  Sometimes when I run over the gangplank to the other ship it's difficult to figure out who is who before I strike.  Is there some way to discern the pirates from my own crew?

Oh well, there's probably not anything that can be done about it.  I guess I should just stand there, let them all beat the heck out of each other, and sort it out later.   :cheers[/quote]
I also find that disturbing... I really noticed it yesterday when I was boarding a Man'O'War. All of the crew were fighting and I couldn't see which ones who were my crew! Suddenly alot of people died and everybody came towards me and then I thought : Oh... So that's the bad guys! Really really annoying!

<!--`QuoteBegin-jmv575`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jmv575)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->

You can download a skin collection that I made containing all of the royal navy ranks. Just look in the mods section to find it. Be sure to read the readme file once you've downloaded, as you'll have to do some copying and pasting. Also, Deringer is coming out with an excellent collection of military skins soon. Check the thread "New Military Skin" for updates on that one.

Hope it helps.[/quote]

Thanks jmv! I really didn't like those mustache fellas! :p

The Lookout

A Mod to climb the main mast up and get to the Lookout
to get a better view of your enemies.

and

a mod to have bigger flags on the Tail of the ship you know what i mean something like this: just bigger !! :cheers
Royal Navy??
......//---------------------------------
.....//....../................................/
....//...../................................/
...//..../................................./
..//-------------------------------
.//
//
/

Uhm I am sorry but I just had an Idea!

How about real ships.
I mean how about a model of Lord Nelsons HMS VICTORY

Francis Drakes - DEFIANCE and his greatest Theft the NUESTRA PRINCIPIA DELLA CONCEPTION long name....

James Cooks - ENDEAVOUR

Blights - BOUNTY

Lucky Jacks :cheers - SURPRISE

Ya wouldn't be too happy serving abord da Bounty me thinks, "F*** off with this Breadfruits we want chicks" :cheers

<!--`QuoteBegin-jmv575`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jmv575)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I thought Sir Francis Drake's ship was called the Golden Hind[/quote]

Yeah that's right The Golden Hind also known as Pelican.

I don't know where i got the name Defiance from but i know that i read it somewhere.
Perhaps the Defiance was one of Drakes additional ships or one of Henry Morgans well i'll look into it.

Hmm Sorry another question:
How can i add pictures to my posts i've got a nice little pic of the Golden Hind i would like to add. :cheers

Back