• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

-= POTC MOD IDEAS =-

well i would normally want the black pearl in the back round, but Black Pearl already has that i think lol...soo, hmm...i know! i would want somethin like an island in the backround (the middle pic) that looks like a side view of tortuga or something...then on me right i would want a pic of Jack Sparrow in the beginning of the movie where he was standing on the top of the mast on his little "ship" and on the left, i would want that pic of the skeleton head on the cover of the case of POTC

LEWT!!!

I was thinking, you got the Cabin and the outer rooms that are not used except in training. Would it be possible to demonstrate your wealth by filling the outer area with chests of Gold and Jewels and stuff. So if you have 250k You'd have one open chest that you could see all the gold and stuff. If you had 500k there'd be 2 and so on until say 5 mill, that's I believe 20 chests. You could stack them up around the corner in the Cabin. Just thought it would be a wow factor. Nothing game changing but cool.

i agree mate...that would be pretty damn cool...to show me plunder!! lol imagine how it would look if you had TOO much money....lol you wouldnt be able to see the door that enters your cabin hahaha

lol you know, i have 2 ideas one is an old one that i keep forgetting to post, god ive wanted to say this one for a long time lol. ok, first of all, (this is a minor and insignificant change that is only for looks, but i think still worth making) i think that someone should try to make a sheath for swords and stuff, i think that would be pretty cool. and second, i always thought that something to do with "walking the plank" could be cool...like my version if i made it (if i even knew how to make mods! lol) would be like in the Build 10.1, you can capture surrendered officers from enemy ships and either ransom them, or kill them for experience. well i think there should be a third choice too (this choice would probably be made by pure pirates :cheers )...you would get like triple experience than you would get if you just killed him, you make him walk the plank! like in the interface screen where it shows your officers, it also shows captured officers of enemy alliegance. you can click one of the two choices, which i stated above. well i think that in that interface screen there should be a third choice to click on which is walking the plank...you would get triple experience if you just killed him, and also, (the downside) your reputation would also fall triple more times than if you just killed him. whadaya think? possible? worth the time of making? :cheers

I'm sure it's very possible, all it would do would be click a button that operates in the same way as kill him, just change the variables :cheers I'll even take a look at it now myself, but I can't claim to know anything about modding. Still, always somewhere to start, eh?

I'd like to see a more useful implimentation of the loansharks ability to store your gold. Right now the only thing useful about him that I can see if his ability to give you interest, but at the 8% I'm being offered it isn't exactly amazing. Even if I put a million gold in, that's only 8000 a month, and when you get to Admiral you make about 3 or 4k a DAY from your land. Admittably yes the interest rate is good, and it's accurate to what it's designed for, but something to beef up the Loanshark, improve his usefulness, that kinda thing. I was thinking along the lines of changing it from a loanshark to a contactor. You can take out loans and stuff from him still, but you can also rent ships and other stuff. The cost of renting a ship could be on a monthly basis, say 20% of the cost per month. 'Course, I havn't really thought that through yet so that 20% is just an example, it could go horribly awry.

On another note, would it be possible to throw objects at the Pirate Lord until he agreed to do shiny stuff? Translated from Xiathorn into English, that means "Would it be possible to give jobs to the Pirate Lord, like assasinate somebody." For example, in those missions where you are ment to go do something, especially in the Main Quest (example : go sink the french barge that's headed for Oxbay, something like quest 3) you could hire a pirate ship to sail into FDF, aim cannons at the Barge, and blow it out of the water. Just a thought :cheers Assasination missions just seem kinda cool...especially if people put them on you the more famous you get :cheers

yeah i agree with Xiathorn...assassination missions DO seem cool...maybe like the higher your "rank" with the pirates, the higher people you kill...like maybe if your "scorge of the seven seas" you would have to kill a few governors or somethin

Thanks for the offer mate but I has been playing the game since it hit the shelves
so no need to,I have me own little shortcuts when I'm in a lazy mood :D

I dont know if this has been discussed or even possible, but I think it would be cool if you could hire on some historical as well as fictional buccaneers as officers. Maybe you could get them to join you as part of some quest.. or even after you defeat them in battle. I was thinking that Long John Silver, Dread Pirate Roberts, Edward Teach, Henry Morgan, or Anne Bonny for starters.

Anne Bonney is a definite thumbs up. I'm more of a Grace O'Malley fan, but the timing is all wrong for this game. Just remember, where you find Anne...you find Mary. :D

We really need a mod to have the ability to walk around on our deck in the 3rd person view, we could talk to crew members and get there ideas and thoughts on our leadership.

And has been suggested, that we need to be able to walk around under the decks, like in the boarding party scene. We can already go to our cabins, but it would be nice to explore more of the ship. xD:

yup thats exactly the same thing i suggested a long time ago...someone told me its impossible to do though....i dunno i think it could be soo possible

Just reminder

After playing potc for a while, I began to think if there could be a way that While in 1st person on a ship, could we find a way to be able to enter the doors and walk throughout our ships? Example being able to enter into the captains quarters etc... I thought that maybe the modders could find away to use the same scenes from bording ships and use that for allowing us to be able to travel throught certain ships! xD:

Ideas:
1. There should be a steering wheel, like on almost every big sailing ship of those days.

2. There should be some officers stationed on the quarterdeck with you. Read Patrick o´Brians Aubrey/Maturin novels.

3. Controlling each individual sail. At lest not always have the topgallants up.

4. More ropes. The manowar has less ropes than I have on my 60 ft sailing yacht.

5. Goto crows nest, for a better view.

6. Beat to quarters. Your gun crews don´t man their cannons 24h a day. So you should give the order to beat to quarters.

7. Add gunports that open when you beat to quarters.

8. A sailor standing at the steering wheel, if added, who don´t leave that location.

9. The steering wheel, if added, should be your starting point, when you goto 1st person view.

10. I will shutup now. But these are my ideas for now... :?

My Ideas: 1.Diferences between ships of the same model from diferent country.(i mean number of guns) 2.Disable function transfer crew from captured ship to atacker ship (i think that Frenchie seamens will not work for British etc...) 3.posibility to modify a ship in docks (better speed,bigger cargo space... ) 4.Rarity changed for `Man-o`-Wars (They were too expensive,rare,slow and big for Caribbean to hunt pirates.Frigates were prefered for this.`Man-o`-Wars were mostly used as a port guarding ship)

Back