• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release PotC: New Horizons - Build 14 Beta 2.2 Released!

Pieter Boelen

Navigation Officer
Administrator
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirates and Privateers, Swashbucklers and Scoundrels, it is that time again: Another "New Horizons" update is here! Read on for more details and... a bit of a little secret...
PiratesAhoy!'s quest to bring New Horizons to the original 2003 Pirates of the Caribbean game by Akella continues and as such, Build 14 Beta 2.2 is now available as a Light version to be installed on top of the original Build 14 Beta 2.1 Full. Included are the usual bugfixes, new ships and new features that are sure to make an excellent improvement to the game experience.​
empress.jpg
One of the most special new additions is the "Empress", a Chinese junk that you may remember as Captain Sao Feng's flagship in Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. Modeled and textured with great attention to accuracy and an incredible amount of detail, she is not a sight you generally see in the Caribbean and makes a welcome addition to our ever-expanding fleet.​
sunset.jpg
Also new is the Postillionen sixth rate ship that comes in various different national colour schemes, as well as the Prince de Neufchatel for the United States navy. This is a special ship as this is the first ship by modeler Captain Armstrong to be ready for inclusion in our modpack, but will by no means be the last!​
pdn1.jpg
Additional to the above, various ships, such as the War Galleons, Dutch Pinnace and Ships of the Line have been updated with a lot more detail, while many other ships have had further improvements made to their rigging, making them more visually pleasing but also more historically accurate.​
WarGalleon_new2.jpg
New Horizons Indeed!
enemy_ship_spotted.jpg
Now here's a little secret for you that will hopefully peak your interest!
Our favourite game is admittedly beginning to show its age and we need to keep our eyes on the horizon. So keep your eyes peeled for some very interesting development that will soon be shared with everybody interested here, on our ModDB Page and our various promotional profiles.​
All those people who care about pirates, the historical Age of Sail and good games need not fear as there is plenty to look forward to and we remain dedicated to bringing you the best and the latest!​

Rather annoying that i discovered the flaws in my dialogue fixes just now. They will have to go in the next patch. I presume it needs a new game after installing?

Ah, yes. I was going off of the images posted on the ModDB. Let me fix that! Will be done soon. :yes

Indeed New Game enforced.

See above; better, no? :cheeky

Also, if anyone has a good image of the new sea colour and harmonics, please let me know so I can add that too.

If you need screenies I have some. Look in the Downloads section of Hylie Pistoff's mods, screenies. RN_Surprise5 and to the attack are good.

Heb in butengeweune gevallen een beetje plezier. M'n hoorde dat de Canadieren zo vriendelijk zin, ze knallen over elkaar en praaten jou alle jassen weg als ze een koelen tiepe ontmoeten. Nij, ga je liever zelf in het Fries vertellen. Bedankt Skippy. Show'em some windforce pivoting compass needle action. :keith woooot..

wow, with other word, when Piet goes promenading on the railing will wild-life start commenting in fluent emeraldish on weird weather occurrences. Ya, the Gulf of Lawrence is wearing sun glasses ..full of strong schnapps. The gecko

Gulf of St. Lawrence? No, I'll be avoiding that one for a while. :cheeky

Build 14 Beta 2.2 is now available from the ModDB, which is from now on the primary download site for our work.
If anyone has any valid mirror links, let me know and I can add them to the ModDB file description so everything is together over there.

Also, we have once again made it onto the ModDB main page and are, at the moment, #1 on their banner scroll thingey at the top of the page.
Check it out at http://www.moddb.com ! :dance

Butbutbut... I just installed CoAS with GoF, and I only have enough free space for one piratey goodness. :facepalm What to do, what to do...

Nearly 1000 people have read the ModDB article already! Is that enough interest for you, Pieter? xD

Bromden could burn large folders on a disc, herewith clearing up space, transfer those to the second machine with also sillions of GB and i really struggle to get it. o_O All peeps i know have TB storage and no idea.

How many visitors, Armada? can they read?-) ..alrigfght, might start a game. How many problems will i confirm, the evading jungle creature-kes. Hoyé.

..Alaska? nice, nice. Can someone affirm that? a dream holiday resort, innit.

The colors and dynamics of the water are amazing. Kudos to who ever did that.

Jason, that was Armada's work. :yes

Armada, we're over 1500 now! And ranking 7 of 17,116 on the ModDB again as well. As long as it lasts, that's always good to see!
Edit: Going further, do you have access to the Stats page on the ModDB profile? Unless I'm very much mistaken, we've had 2942 visitors on there today.
That is more than ANY other day before. Ever!

Bromden, PotC runs fine from an external HD as well. So if you've got one, install to that and you don't need to have two games on your main HD at the same time.
Admittedly, modded PotC IS getting quite big: over 8 GB now.

Back