• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release PotC: New Horizons - Build 14 Beta 2.5 Released!

:ahoy Pieter,

I know I keep saying this but what a marvelous job on the mod. We have features like treasure quests that haven't worked for years and all the tweaking and re-balancing seems have made the game much more playable.

I have noticed one small thing When I boarded and took a Snow Brig and an English Bark, I got to the captains cabin and there were two figures stacked together, not the captain and someone else but two "captains"; one of whom you could interact with and the other with whom you couldn't interact.

And a question, I am playing the main storyline at level thirty and I am finding the occasional U.S. Cavalry saber. Is this blade supposed in the 1750 time period? It seems a little early. If the blade belongs in this period perhaps a renaming to something like Colonial Militia Saber might work.

:keith

I wonder... in the ammo mod only the player + officers need ammo ???
(to simplify things) Do we have any other NPC:s not firing properly? :confused:
How about turning ammo mod off and see if he behaves?
As far as I could tell, he doesn't use the ammo. But he does need to have it before he wants to fire his gun.
Not sure why; I didn't go very in-depth on that issue. Just giving him musket bullets solved the effect. :shrug

I have noticed one small thing When I boarded and took a Snow Brig and an English Bark, I got to the captains cabin and there were two figures stacked together, not the captain and someone else but two "captains"; one of whom you could interact with and the other with whom you couldn't interact.
Wow, weird! I wonder if anyone else ever ran into that. :shock

And a question, I am playing the main storyline at level thirty and I am finding the occasional U.S. Cavalry saber. Is this blade supposed in the 1750 time period? It seems a little early. If the blade belongs in this period perhaps a renaming to something like Colonial Militia Saber might work.
Really? The code claims that should only appear in PERIOD_REVOLUTIONS and PERIOD_NAPOLEONIC. :modding

I'm trying to imagine what level it would take to survive 3 shotgun blasts and then take on a guy with 1600 HP. :8q Level 30? 40? :beer:
Anyway, I figured out how to do him at level 7 and I'm content.

I'm trying to imagine what level it would take to survive 3 shotgun blasts and then take on a guy with 1600 HP. :8q Level 30? 40? :beer:
Anyway, I figured out how to do him at level 7 and I'm content.
Without cheating? Wow! :shock

So I got a LoM from Portugal and recevied a couple of promotions and then I decided to get another LoM from the dutch and my relation with Portugal changed to neutral, I believe it's probably normal, but on the logs I kept the same rank in Portugal despite my relation being neutral. Maybe someone could explain me this a bit better.

So I got a LoM from Portugal and recevied a couple of promotions and then I decided to get another LoM from the dutch and my relation with Portugal changed to neutral, I believe it's probably normal, but on the logs I kept the same rank in Portugal despite my relation being neutral. Maybe someone could explain me this a bit better.
I've been seeing some weird effects with discrepancies between the Relations interface and the on-screen log messages too.
Not sure where that comes from. I rewrote that code twice already and as far as I can tell, it should work now. Apparently not. :facepalm

It does say so, doesn't it? 710 downloads in just about seven days is no bad score either. And 28,830 cumulative on Beta 2.1 since Dec 26th, 2011.
Whoever said people aren't interested in our work? :cheeky

Did you know that the Sneaky Traders now sell the occasional lockpick as well? Check their "Items" tab.
I recently set up the code for that and proved it WORKS when I was playing yesterday. :dance

Yes, I've got one in my current game. Last time I found one, it broke first time, but this new one is holding out so far... :ninja

Yes, I've got one in my current game. Last time I found one, it broke first time, but this new one is holding out so far... :ninja
You never do know with those sneaky items. They're all risky in one way or another. :cheeky

Speaking of odd items, I visited the apothecary yesterday after collecting all of the needed items and ended up buying a jar of leeches. :facepalm Now what do I do with them? :unsure

They are an antidote. Does the item description not tell you that?

They're the opposite of "Mixtures". They decrease your health a bit instead of healing you.
Once I make the albatrosses "stick", you might find a use for them! :razz

Brilliant update, I certainly like the high cannon smoke - it really adds to the authenticity and enhances the exhilarating thrill of an enemy ship emerging from the smoke. Well done guys, you fail to disappoint as always!

Back