• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help PotC: New Horizons - Build 14 Beta 3 Preview!

Pieter Boelen

Navigation Officer
Administrator
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
We have been making some quite amazing progress on our famous Build Mod and wanted to share what we have in the works with all you pirates out there!
One of the things we have in the works for Build 14 Beta 3 is to update the worldmap to be the the REAL Caribbean and no more fantasy archipelago. As such, we have now been able to include the coastline of Central America in the game and move all islands to more accurate positions.​
WorldMap_new10.1.png
As part of this, Cartagena will now be accessible from the beginning of the game and the model you see in 3D sailing mode is also the actual coastline of Colombia. And that fortress you can just about see on the hills here? That is the San Felipe fort that you will find in the REAL Cartagena too! A lot of care went into placing it as accurately as possible by comparing the model to Google Maps.
CartagenaFortFlag.jpg
Also, all worldmap flags have been updated to be period-correct and the Americans finally get their own flags and emblemed sails. This means that the USA are now as fully realized as any other nation!
USAWorldmap.jpg
USEmblems.jpg
We are also close to allowing much more customization options when you start a New Game, including the ability to select your player model, ship and personal and pirate flag.
SelectStorylineSparrow.jpg
SelectStorylineFlag.jpg
The "Curse of Cortéz" from the first Pirates of the Caribbean film has also been included and you can get yourself cursed from Aztec Coins. The effects of this range from you and your crew turning into a strong skeletons at night to your ships' sails becoming torn and beginning to trail fog. And this can even apply to your whole FLEET of ships, which can make for an intimidating sight!​
CursedFleet2.jpg
And this is just the tip of the iceberg!

However, we could very much use some help with getting our current game version properly playable. It is being a bit too much for one person to accomplish. So if there is anything you can do to help, please head over to the PiratesAhoy! Community forums and let us know.​

That's awesome! A major update to the build mode!:bounce Thank you guys!:dance

And it is already BETTER than in the initial post above. We've still got some further stuff to take care of though.

When it's done. I've been trying to "complete" Beta 3 for about two months now.
Unfortunately the code involved isn't exactly the simplest and without anyone helping out with the hard parts of the coding, it can be a bit slow.

But I'm releasing WIP versions every few days, so it is easy enough to keep yourself up-to-date.
In fact, I just posted a new update a minute ago: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-progress.20686
So you can speed things up by testing it!!!

Currently downloading it but need to download the whole patch again. My PC on which it was installed, well my graphical card kinda died.

If you've got a program that can edit TGA files, then you can do so.
Does require some work on your part though. But we'd be happy to tell you how to do it.

Well , i don't have expert in this stuff.
My question is will it be possible to put this in the build (later)

You don't have to be an expert; just need a program that can edit TGA files.

It is impossible to add this as an automatic feature, because the file still has to be converted to TGA.TX .

Back