• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release PotC: New Horizons - Build 14 Beta 3 Released!

That is a normal log file. Not sure where all those empty missing textures come from, but I've got them too and they do no harm.

I have confirmed that the new installer EXE with the current installer archive DOES install correctly.
Now I'm re-downloading the file to check that it is identical to the one I originally uploaded.

Also, the second mirror is now available from the ModDB "read more" page.

Ok, I DLed the latest EXE and the beta 3 full, installed them on a brand new stock game, selected the standard storyline and played the tutorial, ran around for a while, and sailed to another island. The only oddity was that as soon as I went to sea the crew mutinied! Luckily I had cash and rum enough to placate them and all went well after that.

I got the same message in the system log too plus an error.log. Something about sound/alias.

Attachments

• error.log
    152 bytes · Views: 170
The only oddity was that as soon as I went to sea the crew mutinied! Luckily I had cash and rum enough to placate them and all went well after that.
Wow, that IS weird. Can you replicate that problem? Why would THAT happen?!? :shock

I got the same message in the system log too plus an error.log. Something about sound/alias.
That always happens when you change the game options before having a game started. As far as I can tell, it does no harm.
Side-effect of the new sound system that was added in. Would be nice to have fixed at some point though.

I have a theory that hiring crew at the tavern with "awful" morale is the problem. When I left port the morale was "poor" but when I went to the World Map it had dropped to "treacherous" and they mutinied. When I made it to the next port their morale was "normal".

Hiring crew with bad morale would indeed lower the morale on your ship.
But it shouldn't continue to drop afterwards. The only reasons for morale decreasing should be:
1. Too much money
2. Half food rations or no food at all
3. Battle casualties
4. Disappointing amount of plunder on Divide the Plunder mode

That is just about all I can think of.

In that case I have to ask if you can replace it. Because it isn't making much sense to me.
And I bloody rewrote that code myself, so I've got a pretty good idea of what it does.
Tested it too, so I believe it DOES actually do what I think it does. :modding

I played it over and over with the same result. When I went to the world map the crew mutinied. Then I accidentally deleted the save where I'm at the dock getting ready to leave, so now I have to replay some of that running around town stuff to get back to the dock.

:modding :( :modding

BTW: I confirmed that the Contents Archive was uploaded correctly. It was missing a few files, but the new EXE file has fixed that.

Concerning filesize:
I strongly recommend that you add information about the size of the download somewhere near the download link. Yesterday I spend one and a half hour downloading and spend the whole time being afraid that I didn't have enough available space on my USB-stick.

Shoot me! I didn't do a proper read.:facepalm

ahoy mates, i still having issues at the moment of the install, already dl the isntaller with the missing files but still having this error messages
Any clue how can I fix it?
tia

Attachments

• error.log
    584 bytes · Views: 198
  • system.log
    239 bytes · Views: 185
Code:
COMPILE ERROR - file: MAXIMUS_Functions.c; line: 959
Invalid Expression
That would be this line:
Code:
bool bAllies(ref refCharacter)
{
   if(!CheckAttribute(refCharacter,"index")) return false;
   if(sti(refCharacter.index)==-1) return false;

if(IsMainCharacter(refCharacter)) return true;
   if(IsCompanion(refCharacter)) return true;
   if(IsOfficer(refCharacter)) return true;
   if(IsOfficerCompanion(refCharacter)) return true;
   if(IsPassenger(refCharacter)) return true; // <-- RIGHT HERE
   if(IsOnShoreLeave(refCharacter)) return true;
   if(IsOfficerOnShoreLeave(refCharacter)) return true;
   return false;
}
That function has recently been moved to PROGRAM\CharacterUtilite.c, but I know that file IS included in the installer archive.
Do you have 7-Zip? If so, try to manually extract the 2.33 GB large contents archive to see if it gives any error messages.
It may have become corrupted in downloading or something stupid. :modding

we have tried downloading it on my partners faster computer the same thing happens the download stops and never finishes

Downloaded from Mmodb, and installed on Win 8 with no problem at all - working like a charm ;)

Thanks for this awesome mod!

There goes this weekends chores out the window....hehehe

EDIT: By the way I uploaded over the previous New Horizon mod (14.2.5)

Beta 3 got off to a bit of a rocky start but all should be well now.

There is nothing we can do about bad downloads as that is a MODDB issue.

we have tried downloading it on my partners faster computer the same thing happens the download stops and never finishes
Have you tried any of the mirrors? There are two listed in the download description.

Back