• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release PotC: New Horizons - Build 14 Beta 3 Released!

Big updates will be announced publicly. And I'll post here if there are any small fix-packs.

What version is the latest you have working?

Last edited:
build 14 beta 3 update7z?

All of the Build 14 beta 3 parts are part of the last mod.
The last working build before this last one was build 14 updated up to version 2.5

Beta 3 in its whole IS the new mod build ;) (part 1 and part 2 on the ModDB site)
If you place both those "parts" in the same folder initially, then you just execute off the "part 1" witch includes the installer - and it installs the "part 2" on its own. Just be sure to direct the installation to the PotC folder in your hard drive.

If you still have problems I would suggest to make a clean installation of the stock PotC version.
Then re-download the Mod from ModDB and install it all over again on your PotC game.

I know this is basic and it takes time... but hey... it is still often the best way to get it right ;)

And it is worth it in the end.... Did not get much sleep last night...
And I fear my progress with the music for Hearts Of Oak will be delayed aprox at least one more week from this... *shakes fist with a sly grin towards Pieter Boelen and the rest of the Build 14.3 team!) :p

*shakes fist with a sly grin towards Pieter Boelen and the rest of the Build 14.3 team!) :p
Sorry, sorry, sorry! :oops: :shock :facepalm

:razz

(BTW: WHY can I never get pictures to show up in spoiler tags? Now even the emoticons don't work!)

Hi everyone i need help.
When i run the game i get this massage.
error.PNG

here are the files

Attachments

• error.log
    101 bytes · Views: 272
  • system.log
    239 bytes · Views: 286
  • error.log
    101 bytes · Views: 274
  • system.log
    239 bytes · Views: 266
Nooooo! Now look what we've done, Pieter. :whipa :p

Hahaha.... no worries Pieter and Armada ;)

At least I have a valid reason for being delayed, no?? :p

But seriously - love the mod, and will surely have some more music ready in a weeks time ;)

Well done all of you!

EDIT: And i LOOOOOVE the Interceptor!!!! B)

Last edited:
Hello,

Great that the new version of the mod is released!

However, I have a little problem at the facility.

Well, to each new version of the mod, I uninstalled and reinstalled to POTC the game is to get clean the update. On Modb there are 2 different versions of mods. I wish I had the full readme to know what are the steps to install the new version of the mod?

Thank you in advance.

Part 1 is the Installer

Part 2 is the Contents Archive

You need to download both of them ( into the same folder) - then run the Installer & it will install the mod onto the stock game.

:cheers

Somebody please tell me how I can make this more clear.
I prefer not having to write long installation instructions, because people tend not to read/understand those anyway. :facepalm

Ok, I'm sticky today, it was enough that I asked for help that suddenly it works. Let me explain: I downloaded the two files, I installed from the file and the game refused to run ".exe". It was that show me an error message.

Was that on the installer EXE or the game one? If the game, please post your .log files here.
If on the installer EXE, what error message did it give?

No, it is I who have made a mistake during installation, it works impeccable.

I have two computers and to avoid downloads for nothing. I transfer files via a USB key. I installed the first time from the key and it did not work. It installed half of the files and when I launched the game, of course, it did not work. But as soon as I put the files on the computer, the installation was complete and the game works.

However, the music file on POTC Moddb no longer works with the new version of the mod.

It then displays this message:

836941Runtimeerror.jpg

Back