• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

POTC NO CD PATCH

Hummm....I have the English (USA) version and I need the CD to play each time.
Personally, I just keep the game disc in my machine all the time. Does not affect anything else.

<!--`QuoteBegin-Eliza` Turner+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eliza Turner)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hummm....I have the English (USA) version and I need the CD to play each time.
Personally, I just keep the game disc in my machine all the time.  Does not affect anything else.[/quote]

try starting the game without it,English version you don't need it,the other versions I don't know :D

i have no idea what version i have :p: but i think i have the english one,and allways needed the disck to play,but after i instelld the build i dont need it any more :D

<!--`QuoteBegin-skull`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(skull)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hmmm start my game all the time without the CD,maybe I have a magic CD :D[/quote]

Do you do a restart on the game without removing all the old savegames?

I was wondering this myself. I mean, I did a clean install of PotC on another computer here and then took out the CD to test it. It would not play without the CD, but I never tested to see if it would play if it had some saved games already in the save directory...

??? One wonders... Because in my already installed game you don't need to have the CD in to play it, BUT when I tried to initially play the game after the clean install, it asked me for the CD... :p:

If you've got free space, just mount the playcd in something like daemon. I do that for all my games. Admittably it takes up another 600mb on the hard disk, but it saves me the time of hunting for the cds. I'm playing 4 different games at the moment, and so I have the 4 cds mounted onto daemon, and my actual DVD Drive is empty, so if I do need to put something in I can do it straight away :D Just google for daemon

<edit>
After that mad speel, I have just checked daemon and discovered that the only images I have mounted are DeusEx, JK2 and `X2-The` Threat. Turns out that I don't have PotC mounted or in the drive, but it runs perfectly anyway..Oh well. Can't say if I needed it to start a new game, as it's mounted over a network, and when I started a new game I reinstalled the game from the images, which resulted in the cds probably being in there when I clicked new game. I put all my files onto my server in the other room, to save clogging up this 40gb and keep things running smoothly but evidentally my brother fiddled with it again. Oh well :p:
</edit>

Nope,I never installes a no CD patch,but I always have saved games,Ihave a second POTC installes for doing tests I'm always starting new games but I never need the disk with no saves :D

Skull, I'll have to try playing without the CD and see what happens. I have lots of saved games so I'll at least give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

Let me knpw what happens,I am begginig to think I am goig crazy,since it seems Im the only one LOL xD:

Back