• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help POTC Not Installing Correctly

JokersFolly

Landlubber
Ahoy All,
I cant seem to install POTC New Horizons beta 3.4. I have downloaded both of the files, the installer and the full build and everything installs fine, however when I try to launch the game an error message pops up saying "runtime error program E:/POTC/Engine.exe"

I had a look at the game files and there is an error log that says:

COMPILE ERROR - file: sea_ai\sea.c; line: 146
function LanguageCloseFile(args:0) doesnt accept 1 arguments

I don't know what's wrong or what I am doing wrong. I have installed this mod many times - usually with ease.
could you let me know what you think isn't working? Thanks :)

Are you sure you have the latest files from here?
http://www.moddb.com/mods/new-horizons/downloads/
I know there was a wrong installer that caused those errors at some point, but that was fixed years ago.

Are you also sure you are letting the installer EXE take care of the installation?
Doing it manually by extracting the 7-Zip archive is NOT going to work.

The installer is not the one on Moddb but from one of the mirrors in the Read more section, the second mirror I think.

Could that be the problem? I let the installer do everything.

The installer is not the one on Moddb but from one of the mirrors in the Read more section, the second mirror I think.

Could that be the problem?
They should all be the same. Make sure you have enough disc space and that Program Files/Windows Security Stupidity doesn't mess things up.

Fixed! It was windows security blocking the engine from running.. I have never had that before.

Many thanks for your help :)

You mean you disabled the UAC and it went all fine?
in my situation UAC is off , still getting runtime errors

Back