• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

PotC: The Price of Freedom

Armada

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Project Manager
3D Artist
Storm Modder
I've recently discovered that there is now an official novelization of Jack Sparrow's back story, of how he went from pirate to merchant and back again.
Written by A.C.Crispin, it appears Disney approached her specifically to write this novel, given her successful works on back stories for characters like Han Solo from the Star Wars saga.
She has released a number of generous excerpts from her book, which can be viewed at her website here. Having read those, I'd say she's done a very clever, convincing job!

I might consider buying a copy when I can, as I'd really like to see how her story differs from ours.
It looks to be a pretty interesting plot... one that we might be able to adapt for the 'Hoist the Colours' storyline, perhaps... we'll just have to wait and see. :shrug

So, is anyone other than me intrigued about this book? :will

Always intrigued by the backstory of characters ;)

When I read the name I thought I recongnised it and then you said exactly from where xD:

Yay! Another optional quest we could make. We now have Mings Brotherhood and Brock/Brinkly and perhaps we will one day have a Price of Freedom option as well.

Edward Teague is the name, not Teague Sparrow; interesting...

Maybe I should get this book...

From what I understand on the POTC wiki, Sparrow is Jack's alias, and there is a theory that his name may actually be Jonathan Teague.

cant wait to get the book. but it cost like £13.99 in WhSmith and Waterstones because it's hardback and so it will take a whole year to be out in paper back and the library so i cant wait to get it

You could try Amazon or Ebay for paperback if you want. If I do end up getting it, I will probably be given it on my birthday. If you have a birthday coming up, you could put in a request for it, or perhaps if you cannot wait, ye can highjack a shipment of them, hehe.

I've got this book now and it's pretty big! About the same size of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, if you are familiar with that.

Additionally, I have On Stranger Tides by Tim Powers too. I'm quite interested to see what stuff from the book made it into the movie.
From what I understand, not quite that much.

Tell us about them both, and perhaps we could someday make an On Stranger Tides quest for the standard storyline based on the book.

Back