• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Preparations for a walkthrough

Status
Not open for further replies.
<b>Tenochtitlan quest</b>
Go to Moskito Shore west of "Lake Texcoco". If you own the game legally, you should have a map of the caribbean.
Meet the Spanish survivor and continue.

After i meet the guy his dialoge is blank and then there is a crash. So i wonder is there any patch for that or can i manually just give him an end text line or something like that?

Go to Moskito Shore west of "Lake Texcoco". If you own the game legally, you should have a map of the caribbean.
Meet the Spanish survivor and continue.

After i meet the guy his dialoge is blank and then there is a crash. So i wonder is there any patch for that or can i manually just give him an end text line or something like that?

fix is here: http://forum.piratesahoy.net//topic/13616-tenochtitlan-quest-fix/

and it works :sail

I somehow managed to bypass it by bugging out the file calls so i got a "Could not load dialog" error instead.

But yea the method in the thread works better :p

THX skodarap

hey guys can anyone help me plz., i`m stuck on the coas mission, where i have to get grapes to some woman for the bombs. where can i find some, since i plundered all the chests before and sold all grapes.. pls help

during the french quest

Breaking Rock

Head to Santiago, not Havana.
The Inquisition is below the chuch in Santiago. There is an enterance to an underground dungeon behind the stairs leading up to the church's terrace.
-Save here, do not overwrite this save in case Rock dies, Rock's death breaks the quest line-
Talk to Rock the Brazilian first, then slay the guards; absolutely not the opposite or Rock dies instantly - breaking the quest line. Kill all the guards and Inquisition (guys in white robes), leave no witnesses.
Talk to Rock again and make a break for the ship.
Sail to Tortuga and turn it in.
Praise from D'Ogeron and Rock tells you he has nothing on his person of value, but there's an item of value under Martinique, Fort de France. The Dungeon is located next to the store in Fort de France. I personally found nothing of real value to me, the exception may be the one chest locked behind cell doors I could not get to.

the treasure of Rock is the best armor of the game (the gold armor also called the expansive armor), you can find it in the dungeon of Fort de France but it's not in a chest. when you arrived in the dungeon, in the right wall, just a little after the entry, you will se a range of barrils (the first range of barrils in your right). you can make the turn of them and you will find the armor here.

I have a question about the Austin quest. When I'm headiing to the pearl village a sentry makes an alarm so there's no one in the village - except Austin. Are there any other quests related to this village? It seems that completing them would be impossible if the village is empty.

I have a question about the Austin quest. When I'm headiing to the pearl village a sentry makes an alarm so there's no one in the village - except Austin. Are there any other quests related to this village? It seems that completing them would be impossible if the village is empty.

there's some quest related to the pearl village. but if you want to launch it you need to be spanish (or dutch) or to have commercial paper (buy it to the diplomat in one of the pirate settlement tavern). The villager will not flee if you fullfill one of these conditions. You can also capture Santa Catalina.
You have to speak to one of the chief of these pearl village (look in the house) to launch one of these quest.
For the quest of the flying dutchman you need to speak to someone in one of these village.

So will these quests be availible even after I go there and sound the alarm? I mean will the villagers get back to the village after some time and will the quests availible then?

So will these quests be availible even after I go there and sound the alarm? I mean will the villagers get back to the village after some time and will the quests availible then?

Apparently not.
I had this same issue and i was forced to reload the game to a previous state which was around 2 months before i was there. (And i had done allot during that time period) as i keep 2 saves instead of 1. Where i go along and save, save save, and my second save is when im 100% sure i wont need to reload.

Sadly the villagers rose the alarm for me and the town was empty, so i left it for a few days, went back and there was still no one there. Repeated that over and over until i got fed up and rleoaded back before i ever got there.

Edit: Other quests use this village such as apart of the Flying Dutchman Quest and such (Ship of Souls) so if the alarm is raised you will not be able to finish quests that involve that town. Sadly.

I'm having a problem finding any bums. I had to visit 12 towns to find the three bums I needed to talk to the 'head' bum, and after I got the letter and went back to show it to him, he's no-where to be found. I've slept for 10 days and he's still not here. I know I'm in the right town. I checked my quest log.

I'm having a problem finding any bums. I had to visit 12 towns to find the three bums I needed to talk to the 'head' bum, and after I got the letter and went back to show it to him, he's no-where to be found. I've slept for 10 days and he's still not here. I know I'm in the right town. I checked my quest log.

You will find him during the afternoon hours around 4pm. ;)

You will find him during the afternoon hours around 4pm. ;)

Thanks. I made it to CoAS. But now I can't find enough salt to give to the lady for ammo. I have 6 bags, and need 4 more, but every chest I look in is either empty or has no salt. I'm fairly sure I've looked in every chest in the city. What do I do?

I found some salt on the diffindur. Not in teaser dan's chest, but in the room at the stern of the ship. There's 12 salt in there.

Kill the beggars quest:
Go to the capital of your nation and look for Oliver Trust (He might look for you).
He offers you 1000000 piasters for killing all the beggars. I reclined his offer and told the beggars about it.
After talking to 3 different beggars about this strange mission, the last one will tell you the name of a beggar you should meet.
Visit this guy and he tells you his ideas.
Go to Willemstad on Curacao and try to break into General-Governor Stuyvesant's chest. It will be locked.
Visit the tavern and talk to the owner, then to the keymaster.
Pay him and sleep 2 days. Visit his house in Willemstad and you will have a chat with 2 soldiers. Get rid of them.
Search for the key in the keymasters house and open the chest in the residence with the key's help.
Show those documents to the "head" beggar you met earlier. He will tell you a story about an island of justice a certain beggar called Teaser Dan has mentioned.
Go to Willemstad and ask the tavern owner and then Stuyvesant about Dan. Go to a pirate town and meet the diplomat.
Demand from him the location of a member of the Dutch Trading Company. He wants to know a name. Throw "Oliver Trust" at him and then go to Marigo and search for the house where he lives. Have some tea with him + a fencing lesson. Loot him and take the letter on the table. Meet the beggar again and then you can sail to the Island of Justice. Keep the Diffindur Key in your inventory.

Where can I find those beggars? How do they look like?

<!--quoteo(post=324532:date=Jun 2 2009, 03:45 PM:name=Bismarck)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bismarck @ Jun 2 2009, 03:45 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324532"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><b>Solutions:</b>

Meet the Spanish survivor and continue. When reaching the lake, Montezuma will have a chat with you.
In order to disarm the fire trap, you need to find 2 totems (scene before lake texcoco: in the grass; Portobello outskirts: go left twice and look around) and place them near the dam or you need 1 totem in the water to the left of the dam. This totem is used on the other side of the dam, so use potions to survive the warm welcome.

Later you need to find 10 totems (Seaward, this is stupid, boring and repetitive. Are you working for EA?)

Totem 1: Bermuda, Broken washbasin - swim around the ship
Totem 2: San Juan del Norte beach
Totem 3: Marigot cave
Totem 4: Port of Spain, random merchant
Totem 5: Fort-de-France, Dungeon
Totem 6: Tortuga, random merchant
Totem 7: Willemstad, residence
Totem 8: Hispaniola, Lighthouse of Santo Domingo
Totem 9: Santiago, torture chamber under church
Totem 10: Inca Temple behind Amatrice shore<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Totem 10 is definetly right side of INKA temple (near pearl hunter settlement) next to a bush.

Another totem (needed to obtain SHOTGUN) is ina chamber on a left side of a Tenon... Main temple through UNDERWATER labyrinth. Use this totem to open a box in a main Temple and take ceremonial knife. with that item u'll be able to open Temple of White Gods. Take the SHOTGUN and go blow that dead friend waiting u at the end of the bridge....

I'm doing this quest again and the 9th totem (from left to right) I have to place in the temple doesn't work. The spot where I need to put it in the middle of the room has no hand icon, so I can't insert it. This happened once before and I just gave up. Starting a new game doesn't work. It's still not available.

There has to be SOME way to fix it.

Take the letter to Willemstad, to Peter Stuvesant in the residence (Dutch Governor General).
During the conversation with him, he accuses you of being a pirate and thrown into jail, a few dialogues later and some money missing (50% of what you carried), taken by the first guy, they release you.
Off to the tavern you go, there will be two Spainards talking at a table you overhear after interupting their conversation by talking to them, during the interuption they mention Palm Shore they are to meet their Galleon at.
Follow them, slaughter the two men, then destroy the Galleon they were to meet. I prefer to board the Galleon and capture it, the captain usually has a Tanat heavy weapon 28/100 damage.
Back to Stuvesant, complete the dialog.
Head to Tortuga to turn in - you recieve praise from D'Ogeron.

I'm honesty quite surprised I managed to figure out how to follow the two spaniards. But how do I board the galleon? I'm standing here at palm shore with no ship, and if I go back to townj and come around (or fast travel) to palm shore there is no galleon.

EDIT: I just tried fast traveling to palm shore BEFORE killing the spaniards. I killed them and still no galleon. And yes, I tried going back to my ship and even to map mode then back again. Nothing. Seriously, wtf.

Take the letter to Willemstad, to Peter Stuvesant in the residence (Dutch Governor General).
During the conversation with him, he accuses you of being a pirate and thrown into jail, a few dialogues later and some money missing (50% of what you carried), taken by the first guy, they release you.
Off to the tavern you go, there will be two Spainards talking at a table you overhear after interupting their conversation by talking to them, during the interuption they mention Palm Shore they are to meet their Galleon at.
Follow them, slaughter the two men, then destroy the Galleon they were to meet. I prefer to board the Galleon and capture it, the captain usually has a Tanat heavy weapon 28/100 damage.
Back to Stuvesant, complete the dialog.
Head to Tortuga to turn in - you recieve praise from D'Ogeron.

I'm honesty quite surprised I managed to figure out how to follow the two spaniards. But how do I board the galleon? I'm standing here at palm shore with no ship, and if I go back to townj and come around (or fast travel) to palm shore there is no galleon.

EDIT: I just tried fast traveling to palm shore BEFORE killing the spaniards. I killed them and still no galleon. And yes, I tried going back to my ship and even to map mode then back again. Nothing. Seriously, wtf.

Try locating the galleon with "sail to" (you won't be able to sail towards the galleon, but you will see the arrow on the horizon, just keep turning the camera). It takes some time for galleon to reach the shore - i think it's about 3000-4000 units (yards?) away when you reach the palm shore with your ship, but it's there. I done this quest twice, and both times i killed the spaniards and than went back to the town to get the ship and then fast travel to the palm shore. Anyway, ship is there, just far away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back