• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Price of consumption

oo0filthy0oo

Landlubber
In the final fight against the Galleon Hurricane i am unable to survive the explosion after boarding and killing Juan Consumption? Juan informs you that he has set the powder to blow...

Am i missing something.?

I have tried all the options in speech but they lead to the same thing the ship blowing up and taking my ship with it. I don't seem to be able to save Angelo or anything else. If i do not loot the ship i am able to get atleast 3 ship lengths away (my ship with full hull) but i still sink.

Thanks for any help

Last edited:
I just completed it. I looted all the gunpowder from the hold and only the gunpowder and the explosion did not sink my ship. You would think that if i had time to unload all the gunpowder i also would have had time to blow out the fuse....

same thing when you board Fleetwood's brig... had to unload the gunpowder after capturing it.
i'm not sure if the explosion dmg is random or the gunpowder actually changes it...

I read on a Russian forum that is does decrease the blast. Makes sense i suppose, but would still be easier to just blow out the fuse.

I got stuck in the beginning of the quest. After i found the letter in the Commandant´s house, i asked everyone else in town about Juan but nobody could tell me something to continue. Did i miss something?

Back