• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Problem with Cursed Black Pearl.

Luiz

Sailor Apprentice
Well, I think that the uncursed black pearl absolutely sucks. I decided to use cursed one, that has 100.000 of HP, 24 LBS long gun, 16 of speed and the abillity to use the rowing. But, something in the cursed Black Pearl is realy boring, the mist around it makes 1'person aiming very difficult and also makes the ship ugly.
Plz somebody help me to find the path of the mist effect and take the efect out plz. Thanks and bye.

I don't like the fog either but it is movie correct, so there it is. I do not know what activates it.

Open PROGRAM\SEA_AI\AIShip.c and REMOVE the following code:
Code:
    // PB: Black Pearl -->
    if(sti(GetAttribute(rCharacter, "ship.type")) == SHIP_CURSED || GetAttribute(rCharacter, "ship.type") == "La_Marianna")
    {
        int puffs_per_second = 10;
        if(SeaCameras.Camera == "SeaDeckCamera")    puffs_per_second = 1;
        for (i=0; i < puffs_per_second; i++)
        {
            PostEvent("CreateCursedPearlFog", delay, "i", rCharacter);
            delay = delay + 1000/puffs_per_second;
        }
    }
    // PB: Black Pearl <--
As you can see, I did put some code in place to vastly reduce the fog effect in 1st person mode.
Basically, there is 10 times less fog in 1st person mode than 3rd person mode, but it takes a short while for the fog level to reduce when going onto your ship's deck.

Back