• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Problem with quest: 'a worm in the apple'

Robin

Landlubber
hi everyone!

I've got a problem with the assassin quest 'a worm in the apple'. I am not able to accept the quest from Matheus Santos, so the quest ends. When I go back to Havana on Cuba and report back to the Vice-Admiral he sais: '...' so i'm not able to play the storyline any further! Can somebody help me to go to the next quest? (if this is possible) :oops:

:ahoy

Have you tried going back to your last save and trying it again? Sometimes the game "hangs" at one spot and replaying it again works.

Hi,

I've never got any problems with that quest, have you sail to Tortuga first to get Vassal Bethune? And can you talk to Santos if you are in his house on Port Royale?

In his dialogue you can choose to work with him or not and there you must say you'll work for him and then the quest works by me.

Greetz,

VanessaHudgensFan

Thank you for your replies! But I did both of your suggestions, and it still doesnt work.. so i think i'll play another storyline.

Hi,

That very very strange, I had no problems with that quest, where are you stuck exactly, can you talk to Santos? Did he gave you the quest to kill Ambroz Bricenos on Hispaniola?

If you can talk to santos and he didn t give the quest what does he said then?

I'll remembered the Santos quest is also in the Tales of a Sea Hawk storyline and there you must be a certain level to get the quest? Maybe you must have passed that level here to? I don't know

Greetz,

VanessaHudgensFan

Yeah, i talked to Santos and he gave me the quest, and i accepted it. Then i walk out of the house en my quest book isnt updated or something. But when i talk again to Santos he sais something like: is your target already killed? So he gave me the quest, but it isnt updated on my profile. Greetzzz

Oh wait I know what you mean, it's indeed true it isn't updated. You must go to Hispaniola now and go to one of the shores. Boca The Yuman if I'm not mistaken. There is Ambroz Bricenos, you must talk to him and kill him and then return to Santos to continue the quest. Read the dialogue's carefully because there you can read what you must do.

I hope you can continue the quest now ;)

Greetzzz,

VanessaHudgensFan

Here is the walkthrough of the quest I've found on this site, so if you can't figured it out just look here, it's true some quest book entries are missed here.

Greetzz,

VanessaHudgensFan

A Worm in the Apple
This walkthrough assumes that you accept each job given to you – there are lots of options in the dialogues to reject the jobs - so before meeting people you should do a SAVE.

Sail to La Tortue, Tortuga – go to tavern – talk to Vassal Bethune – QB Update

Sail to Port Royale, Jamaica – on entering the part of town with the prison in it Vassel Bethune talks to you & walks away – follow him – Enter house – Talk to Mateus Santos.

Mateus Santos – makes you an offer - pay careful attention to what he says and the conditions he makes. ( BAD things will happen to you if you don’t follow the rules).

There are time limits - 3 months to do the job - you can take as long as you like to go back to Santos to collect the reward for the jobs he gives you

BUT each job you do will lower your reputation by one level ( if your reputation gets too bad, merchants / storekeepers will not talk to you or sell you goods e.g. Food, Rum etc.)

If you accept 1st job – QB Update - sail to Boca de Yuman, Hispaniola – talk to Ambroz Bricenos on beach – kill him – Yes / No - QB Update

Sail to Port Royale, Jamaica – go and talk to Mateus Santos - gives you reward – offers you next job – QB Update

Sail to Bridgetown, Barbados

Go to House of Geffrey Bampfylde (between shipyard and tavern)

On entering automatically walk up to Geffrey Bampfylde – he talks to you – Bucho talks to you - Kill Bucho - Geffrey Bampfylde talks to you. - Kill him - Yes / No – QB Update

Sail to Port Royale, Jamaica – go and talk to Mateus Santos - gives you reward – offers you next job – QB Update

Sail to Grand Turk, San Salvador – on Grand Turk jetty talk to self – search for Pepin Bertillion he is wandering around the Port Area - Talk to Pepin Bertillon – Kill him - Yes / No – QB Update

Sail to Sao Jorge, Concepcion - Go to House of Amerigo Vieira ( next to townhall )

On entering Automatically walk up to Amerigo Vieira – he talks to you - Kill him OR Hire him as officer – ( if you hire him Mateus Santos will not know ) OR let him go – QB Update

Sail to Pointe a Pitre, Guadeloupe - Go to Church

SAVE HERE

Talk to Vito Leone – long talk - Kill him – Yes / No - QB Update ( Try killing Vito Leone then go back to Mateus Santos and see what happens ) - LOL

Sail to Port Royale, Jamaica – go to House of Mateus Santos

Enter – Automatically walk to Mateus Santos - he talks to you & disappears - fight Bodyguards behind you.

Go into study - Kill Mateus Santos – given items - Check your items & Quest Items ( F2 ) should have - Santos’ Ring, - Keys & 2 Books

Keys labelled - Study – Secret-ary – Alas Poor Yorick

Exit Study by Secret Passage – Talk to Camille Leone – Go through prison -fight more of Santos’ men – talk to Thomas the Terror – Go back to Camille Leone – Go to prison cell opposite skull on floor – Transported to Church - talk to Vito Leone – QB Update

Sail to Havana, Cuba

Go and talk to Vice-Admiral Benavides – gives you next mission – QB Update

Back