• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Problems with Build 14 Beta version 3.2

Jimmy Elcano

Landlubber
Hi guys,

I am new in the community and I wanted to thank you for all the work you have done about this enjoyable game.

I have a problem with the Build 14, 3.2 beta version. It crashes when I launch the game and I get the following error message.

"Runtime Error" Abnormal program termination.

I am running the game on an Asus Laptop G75 with Win 8.1 and an Nvidea GTX 880M video card.

I wanted to mention that I followed every step explained in the forum (installing the game in a different drive, adjusting nvidia configuration panel for high performance, etc) but I was able to run the stock version only after installing the fix for intel integrated card. Then when I installed the build 14 and I got the above mentioned error message.

The error log is as follows,

COMPILE ERROR - file: sea_ai\sea.c; line: 146
function LanguageCloseFile(args:0) doesnt accept 1 arguments

I would really appreciate your help as I am eager to ply the seas on board a XVI century Spanish Galleon.:ship

Thanks

Thanks DavyJack, I tried but the problem persists,

My error log is

COMPILE ERROR - file: sea_ai\sea.c; line: 146
function LanguageCloseFile(args:0) doesnt accept 1 arguments

Thanks for your help!!

So now you have the latest? You can upload your .log files by clicking the Upload a File beside the Post Reply button.

During installation, try checking the box for the Intel Fix, since the stock game worked when you applied it.

Your video card is advanced. The game tends not to work or have problems with some new graphics cards today.

Could this be the cause?

If it is indeed running POTC on the nVidia card it should fly, unless the drivers are holding it back.

On another note, 2 days ago I tweaked my desktop ram settings and picked up a bunch of fps in POTC. It seems that some how some way the ram was holding it back.

Indeed it was. The drive where I saved the installation files had not enough space to extract all files from the 7z file (strangely I got no error message or warning from the installer when doing so...).

I then ran the installation file from a different drive and the mod is up and running now (using the intel fix though but it is good enough for me).
Thanks for your help on this, I will enjoy your fantastic work!:monkeydance

Unfortunately it does not work without the fix. The game crashes when I start a new game. I read a previous post where someone experienced a similar problem and could not solve it neither.

Just in case I ve uploaded the log files.

Thanks again for your help Pieter.

Attachments

• compile.log
    4 KB · Views: 60
  • system.log
    375 bytes · Views: 76
Shouldn't need the Intel fix? o_O

keyword = laptop

nb: its a$3000 laptop it should work with blinking PoTC but still from what i have seen of "gaming" laptops and windows 8 so far does not fill me with confidence.

On bright side he should get 40fps on assassins creed 4 and 70fps on cod ghosts :p

Last edited:
Absolutely Red Back Dude and this only exacerbates my frustration.
I just wanted to stand on the bridge of a Galleon, at least a virtual one :fiddleand this game gave me the opportunity to do so.

Thanks guys!!

Well on the bright side Hearts of oak will be giving us that opportunity in the future hopefully. @Pieter Boelen would the compatibility manager work with win-dodgy 8.1 ?

I'm running win8.1 with no problems at all for POTC. I seriously do not like win8.1, but for its interface not how it runs.

@Jimmy Elcano: If you ever do get the chance, I'd appreciate if you can upload the PROGRAM folder that gave you the LanguageCloseFile error.
I'd like to make sure the installer isn't missing out on any files.

Back