• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Problems with contraband not being detected right

Pieter Boelen

Navigation Officer
Administrator
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
Two separate issues:

I just ran into a problem. I was smuggling a load of fruit into Bonaire. This is listed as contraband. I have smuggled sugar there before with no trouble. So I went to the Buccaneer camp and he wouldn't talk to me. Then I went into town and the smuggler in the tavern wouldn't talk to me. So I went into the store and sold my load of contraband fruit there. What happened to make the smuggler not want contraband but the store did want it?
Odd indeed. Is fruit still contraband according to the Colonies interface?

I went smuggling silk at Puerto Rico and all went well until it came to transferring goods. I got the money and kept the silk! I have had no issues with smuggling before in this game.

I don't know if this is a bug or what.

I needed to go to Jamaica so loaded up on ebony and did some smuggling too. Methinks it was my 4th smuggling run there in 2 years. Everything went according to plan until i was sailing away and checked the hold. It was still full of ebony! Then checked my money and they had paid me too. Bailed out and restarted from just before talking to the smugglers on the beach. The same thing happened.

Thinking it might be a new feature of the game I then sailed to Cayman where I had done no smuggling yet. Same thing. They paid me but I kept the ebony. This is a nice exploit! So I sailed to Philipsburg and sold the ebony and got a legit mission.

This save should be just before I talk to the smugglers.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Jamaica. Rocky Shore. November 4th, 1752 1.7z
    645.2 KB · Views: 106
This is still happening, but randomly. This time it happened at Puerto Rico where I sold silk to the smugglers, got the money and kept the silk. Then sailed to Jamaica and sold the silk for a nice profit! :bird:

It just happened again. The Dutch colonies used to have wine as contraband, but in this new version wine is listed as an import at Orangestad and Willemstad and is not listed at all at Bonaire.

The reality is that wine is still contraband at all three colonies and I just traveled down the line selling the wine to smugglers. Still got the wine too. :drunk

Thread title clarified.

Does this occur if you have more than 1 good to be smuggled? And do you skip any of them during the transaction?

Nope. I just smuggle one good at a time. There are some places that want my meds but I decline that.

Is there any correlation between them asking for meds and them not taking your goods?

No, none at all. It happens at many different islands for many different goods.

have to look into this. will come back to it later...

I produced this bug, too. Work around? You can either discard the cargo on purpose after the smuggling is concluded or just smuggle the same cargo twice. After the second time it disappears. So double profits! Yes! But, no... Not nice.

I have smuggled three times and still had the cargo. I went from Orangestad to Willemstad to Bonaire with the same cargo and then sold it someplace else.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the dialog with smuggling because I noticed there is an option where you can take the money and still take the cargo with you. Perhaps the script needs to be looked into a bit deeper? Maybe a trigger or argument is missing so that once a smuggling deal is concluded it unloads the cargo. I have a feeling the dialog is telling the script to keep the cargo anyway.

Last edited:
Back