• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Problems with download zip from main topic

basher1

Powder Monkey
just been to get download fromsite as a back up install file comes ok but when you want to download main file it says you cant do it untill you subscibed ,in this day and age where we are told not to subscribe to something we dont know do you think this matter needs looking into and if nessary move downloads

just been to get download fromsite as a back up install file comes ok but when you want to download main file it says you cant do it untill you subscibed ,in this day and age where we are told not to subscribe to something we dont know do you think this matter needs looking into and if nessary move downloads
Whatever do you mean? The links in the opening post of this thread go directly to the files that you need.
In no way, shape or form do they require any sort of "subscription". o_O

i managed the download Pieter the subscribe was not there this time,if only i could have got a picture of it for you,you would have seen what i ment,maybe a warning needs to be posted just in case someone is trying mall ware, my security automaticaly blocks things it does not like and it did not like this.

if you are going to do steamers on next update i have pictures of the warrier and its guns, if you want them give me an e mail.

thanks for help

i managed the download Pieter the subscribe was not there this time,if only i could have got a picture of it for you,you would have seen what i ment,maybe a warning needs to be posted just in case someone is trying mall ware, my security automaticaly blocks things it does not like and it did not like this.
The only possible thing I can think of is that the forum might ask you to log in again.
That is some sort of limitation with the forum software though and is completely harmless.

if you are going to do steamers on next update i have pictures of the warrier and its guns, if you want them give me an e mail.
Talk to @Robert Nutter. He's the one playing around with modeling those.

Yes, one needs to log into the forum before anything can be downloaded. That is the only restriction.

Yes, one needs to log into the forum before anything can be downloaded. That is the only restriction.
Not true; the opening post links work regardless of logging in.

Maybe a forum attachment would require logging in; not sure about that.

Eh? I have to log in before I can DL anything. I have tried, although I do not remember what I failed to DL.

Eh? I have to log in before I can DL anything. I have tried, although I do not remember what I failed to DL.
But those links point to an FTP that, while being on the same server as the forum, is COMPLETELY UNRELATED.

Not true; the opening post links work regardless of logging in.

Maybe a forum attachment would require logging in; not sure about that.

For the installer & large .Cab file links in the first post - I can download them without being logged in. :yes

But I need to be logged in for any attached .zip files.

Also need to be logged in to view any images in any post.

:drunk

But I need to be logged in for any attached .zip files.
Thanks for confirming. I think I have just changed the forum permissions so ANYONE can view images and download attachments.
I see no reason why not; we're not deliberately trying to keep those a secret, are we? :cheeky

That is just a way to get more people to actually join the forum and is probably set up that way by default.

Probably default, yes.
But if people just join to get the attachments and never bother joining in for real, that is a bit pointless.
I never intended a zip attachment to be harder to get anyway.
The only reason I use that is because it is simpler to handle for small stuff.

Back