• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Problems with latest WIP version

latest version and latest zip game won't start.

Attachments

• error.log
    580 bytes · Views: 121
I have given up trying to make this work. I will try a clean install and have deleted all my versions of the game., Since it has been awhile since I have done this, can someone veryify the steps for me.

1. Original POTC

2. Most recent installer

3 latest zip.

Is that correct?

I have given up trying to make this work. I will try a clean install and have deleted all my versions of the game., Since it has been awhile since I have done this, can someone veryify the steps for me.

1. Original POTC

2. Most recent installer

3 latest zip.

Is that correct?
yes

latest version and latest zip game won't start.
According to your error.log file:
Code:
COMPILE ERROR - file: Loc_ai\LAi_groups.c; line: 71
invalid syntax
Which is this line:
Code:
LAi_group_SetRelation(LAI_GROUP_ACTOR, LAI_DEFAULT_GROUP, LAI_GROUP_NEUTRAL);
So it is probably because I corrected the 'LAI_GROUP_NEITRAL' typo in the code.

BUT that gets corrected ALSO here in LAi_defines.c:
Code:
#define LAI_GROUP_NEUTRAL     "neutral"       //Нейтральные отношение
Used to be:
Code:
#define LAI_GROUP_NEITRAL     "neitral"       //Нейтральные отношение

Since ALL instances have been replaced to match with each other, the game should work fine with the swapped around code names.

It is almost like you have half the new code installed, but not the other half.
But that makes no sense, because BOTH corrected files are already IN the ZIP.

Can you upload your entire PROGRAM folder in some way?

Pieter,

So sorry, but I have deleted that version of the game and trying a clean install. See above. If this doesn't work I can try that. Do you with my post above?

Clean install and most recent update with out the zip.

I am clearly making a fundamental error somewhere in installation But I can't figure out what it is. The only thing is when I did the clean install the installer said it couldn't find the main game files even though it was going in on top of the original game. I think it might be time for me to just give up. It is a pity because much good work has been on the game, and it is wonderfully complex and dynamic. Kudos to all who work so hard to make it so.

Attachments

• error.log
    356 bytes · Views: 125
What exact error message did the installer give?

Sounds like I have to make another EXE update soon.
I haven't the foggiest what is going on with all these random problems people are having.

@Jason: I think I've seen that message before and it related to an installation error, if I recall:
Code:
RUNTIME ERROR - file: Locations\init\QuestLocations.c; line: 503
integer function return reference value
RUNTIME ERROR - file: storyline\standard\Locations\init\QuestLocations.c; line: 339
function must return value
RUNTIME ERROR - file: storyline\standard\Locations\init\QuestLocations.c; line: 339
function 'LocationInitQuestLocations' stack error

There are the specific errors that the Installer could give you:

"Original game not found. Make sure you install the 2003 Pirates of the Caribbean game by Akella first!"
^ That is fairly self-explanatory. It means it cannot find "ENGINE.exe" and "readme.txt" in the destination folder.

"Main Files archive file not present. Place 'b14_beta4_full.cab' in this folder to continue."
^ That one means it cannot find the file "b14_beta4_full.cab" named exactly like that and placed in the same folder as the Installer.

"Main Files archive outdated, incomplete or corrupt. Please re-download!"
^ That means the CRC check on the main archive failed.

"Build 14 Beta 4 Main Files not found. Make sure to install those through this wizard first!"
^ That means the contents from the main (CAB) archive weren't installed before installing the update files.
It actually checks on the presence of a single file (RESOURCE\build14_beta4_base) as that is included only IN the CAB file itself.

@Jason: I think I've seen that message before and it related to an installation error, if I recall:
Code:
RUNTIME ERROR - file: Locations\init\QuestLocations.c; line: 503
integer function return reference value
function must return value
function 'LocationInitQuestLocations' stack error

There are the specific errors that the Installer could give you:

"Original game not found. Make sure you install the 2003 Pirates of the Caribbean game by Akella first!"
^ That is fairly self-explanatory. It means it cannot find "ENGINE.exe" and "readme.txt" in the destination folder.

"Main Files archive file not present. Place 'b14_beta4_full.cab' in this folder to continue."
^ That one means it cannot find the file "b14_beta4_full.cab" named exactly like that and placed in the same folder as the Installer.

"Main Files archive outdated, incomplete or corrupt. Please re-download!"
^ That means the CRC check on the main archive failed.

"Build 14 Beta 4 Main Files not found. Make sure to install those through this wizard first!"
^ That means the contents from the main (CAB) archive weren't installed before installing the update files.
It actually checks on the presence of a single file (RESOURCE\build14_beta4_base) as that is included only IN the CAB file itself.

The specific messages I got were 2 and 4

The specific messages I got were 2 and 4
That makes sense. If you try a full reinstall and it fails on #2, it'll try to install the update anyway (figuring that you may have selected the "full" option by mistake).
But then you get the second error.

So are you ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that you had "b14_beta4_full.cab" named exactly like that and placed in the same folder as the Installer itself?

That makes sense. If you try a full reinstall and it fails on #2, it'll try to install the update anyway (figuring that you may have selected the "full" option by mistake).
But then you get the second error.

So are you ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that you had "b14_beta4_full.cab" named exactly like that and placed in the same folder as the Installer itself?

Ah a lite has perhaps dawned. I should be selecting update files?

You cannot DEselect that.
Since you're doing a clean install, you may install the Main part too.
Which requires that CAB archive to be present where the installer expects it.

Still trying to fix this. I have downloaded the cab files again when I try to unzip it I can't seem to get it to go into the cab file format. If I extract it into the POTC folder it just unzips the individual files. In a series of folder and I get the archive outdated message. I think that the error could be as simple as using the wrong command in rar. Any ideas. The cab file I used today is one I just downloaded today.

Still trying to fix this. I have downloaded the cab files again when I try to unzip it I can't seem to get it to go into the cab file format. If I extract it into the POTC folder it just unzips the individual files. In a series of folder and I get the archive outdated message. I think that the error could be as simple as using the wrong command in rar. Any ideas. The cab file I used today is one I just downloaded today.
You just need to rename the file to ensure it has the name the installer asks for.
Can you make a screenshot of your folder with the Installer EXE and the downloaded archive in it?

I have renamed it and it didn't work.

Attachments

• Files.jpg
    Files.jpg
    590.9 KB · Views: 124
I have renamed it and it didn't work.
You manually extracted the file and are now renaming the folder to match with the filename.
You are supposed to NOT do that. All you need to do is to place the two files side-by-side like this:
upload_2016-1-24_17-4-9.png

Back