• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Problems with latest WIP version

Ok, as you can see in my screenshot the icon for the cab is a folder not what you have. The down loaded archive is a zip file. What do I do with that to get it to look like what you have?

Thanks for your help and patience.

The down loaded archive is a zip file.
The downloaded file already has .cab as the extension. All you need to do is to download it with the name that it already has.
If you still have the actual archive that you downloaded, just rename it back to the filename that the installer asks for: "b14_beta4_full.cab" .

like this?

Attachments

• cab.jpg
    cab.jpg
    703.1 KB · Views: 106
That looks like the main file. Now just put it in the same folder as the EXE and run the EXE. No unzipping needed.

You might want to ensure you're seeing the file extensions: Show or hide file name extensions - Windows Help
As it is described as a "WinRAR archive", which it shouldn't be, for all I know it could be called "b14_beta4_full.cab.rar" for you.
That would mess up the installer for sure. :facepalm
NO this is correct. WinRAR recognises .cab files as files it can extract.

Just put them both in the same folder and run the installation.

NO this is correct. WinRAR recognises .cab files as files it can extract.
AAAAAGH! I want it to NOT SHOW AS AN ARCHIVE!
Why can't we find an extension that does want to download properly, but is otherwise unknown!?!

Back