• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug Problems with New Horizons Build 14 Beta 3.2

mcGreen

Landlubber
Copied from a pm to Pieter who suggested I should post this here because he has no time at the moment.

"Hey, I have found new interest in the game (maybe you remember me from my thread a while back) so decided to start playing again. So far so good. But here comes Davy Jones! After an unfortunate save it was impossible to save my ship from him xD and I figured why not download the latest mod version if I have to start over anyways. Now in the new version I miss the cheaty side-step :cheeky. Is it possible to modify it so it will be like in the past and not just a "sidestep" (Already enabled it in the InternalSettings) ? Oh well thats not the real problem tho, the gamebreaking thing is that there are no battles on the world map between NPCs anymore, making it very hard to board a ship. On an unrelated thing: All factions are friendly towards the player at the start (at least for Jean Lafitte) and I cant decide whose ships to start pillaging now xD. Before it were the poor Spaniards..."

Ill try to reinstall it later, maybe that will fix it. Apparently not all the factions should be friendly to the player which is a bug too I guess.

:ahoy

The sidestep was disabled because so many players were complaining about it. If you have it enabled then that is as good as it gets.

If you look in the main forum you will find a thread about the simplified beta 3.3. Give that a try and you should see more battles.

Ive installed 3.3 and hooray it works! I dont know if you understood me correctly before, but there were no battles at all before. The first battle I promptly joined was massive; 8 tier 2 and 3 ships on each side. I had low fps, but I think I have enabled the best possible smoke in the settings so maybe setting it down again will help. The game shouldnt lag on a GTX670 and i7 3930k should it? I should overclock that thing

Edit: I checked and the update overrode the cannon particles to 1 again... Wonder where the lag came from then

Last edited:
There would have been battles after you got someone mad at you. I was seeing battles all over the place in the 7-8 months that I played beta 3.2 but no pirates. Now there are pirates too.

This is a very old DX8 game and it doesn't run as well on my current hardware as it did on the hardware I had a year ago. If I could go back to my old video card (AMD 6970) POTC would run much better.
It also only uses one cpu core which does hold it back especially in big battles when there is a lot going on.

Why would there have only been battles after someone got mad at me? Shouldnt the factions battle each other?
That sentence is killing my brain so its probably incorrect disregard the grammar please.

I don't know why. I only know that the battles were messed up and I only saw friendly nations for some time and then it changed and everyone was there. It is a moot point now since you are on 3.3.

Not sure if bug: I have a quest to destroy a pirateship off Eleuthera, but its not there.
Edit: Also it seems that you are getting "teleported" through the worldmap somewhat randomly. I was near Eleuthera on the worldmap, pressed my spacebar accidentaly activating sail mode, and after accessing the worldmap again I was next to Cuba for no reason.

Last edited:
It should be there. That was a bug that got fixed. Try starting over from your last save and "sail to" every ship until you find the one you want. It is possible for your target ship to sail too far away to be found if you wait too long. Or it could have been sunk by someone else.

That teleporting problem happens sometimes. No known cure.

If the ship is already sunk, I think your questbook should update and you still get the reward.

I don't know about the quest book being updated but you do get the reward. The thing is, while out sailing around looking for that ship who thinks to look at the quest book?

Back