• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved PROGRAM_new created what does it do?

tommy61157

Unofficial Pirate Potato
Staff member
QA Tester
Provisional
Storm Modder
I noticed that in the most recent version of the build mod, there is a PROGRAM folder and a PROGRAM_new folder. In which one do I alter the Internal Settings for the game and why do we have this?

You must have an installation error. While the PROGRAM_new is created during the installation process,
the PROGRAM folder should be deleted and PROGRAM_new renamed to PROGRAM.
Did you install using the EXE installer? If yes, did you install to Program Files?

I installed using the .exe file as an administrator and did not install under program files, The game seems to work perfectly fine even with both program folders, should I just do the step the installer for some reason didn't do?

Also, despite my inactivity, I would like to say that I'm excited reading all the updates for hearts of oak and can't wait to play it on my new gaming tower which should be more than able to play it (check my signature for specs.) and I do plan on donating in the next couple of months for the project since this community is full of great people. Just wanted to bring this up now while you're here since I know I don't get on much anymore.

I installed using the .exe file as an administrator and did not install under program files, The game seems to work perfectly fine even with both program folders, should I just do the step the installer for some reason didn't do?
What version number do you have in your main game folder? If that PROGRAM_new folder is still there, the PROGRAM folder might be very old.
But it could also be that it did install properly, but the installer was unable to delete the PROGRAM_new folder.

Same applies to the RESOURCE\INI folder, along with a couple of model folders here and there.

Ya there is some installation error. A re-download and reinstall may be in order.

An AMD! You are future proof now, or at least set for the next 2-4 years. What motherboard are you running? I ask because no one buys AMD and leaves it stock. You WILL be overclocking it.

Oh, and this is the loads that the pre-pre-alpha HOOCOTS puts on my system. Note the cpu is just loafing.
HOOCOTS load 11-4-14.jpg

If the main menu version number is correct, then he might be OK.
Possibly the installer just wasn't allowed to delete the files it wanted, but managed to do everything else.
Hopefully.... Perhaps....

It runs fine, the version number is fine, I just think it didn't delete the PROGRAM_new folder.

Back