• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Promotion on Social Media

Of course not. You can just contribute where you can; perhaps mention the Hearts of Oak website on Polish sites or something. :shrug

Twitter decided to completely change the layout of the profiles. See here: https://twitter.com/PiratesAhoy_
Does this seem like an improvement to people?

From my side, I'm not quite sold on it.
Although I tried to "fix" the banner for this new display, I can't get it to display with proper clarity.
And for some reason, there is no longer a background. :modding

Woah, that looks different. o_O

I'm wondering how that top banner might look with just the HoO, NH and GOF logos and no text.
Or something like the full PA! logo at the top, and the other three arranged in a horizontal line below it.

On a related note, is it worth changing our Twitter tag from @PiratesAhoy_ to @PiratesAhoyCommunity (or @PA!Community)?
That's more unique and better represents us, in my view.
If we can't do this or it would mess something up, then ignore this idea.

I'm wondering how that top banner might look with just the HoO, NH and GOF logos and no text.
Or something like the full PA! logo at the top, and the other three arranged in a horizontal line below it.
Something similar to the header on our Facebook page here, then?
https://www.facebook.com/PiratesAhoyCommunity

On a related note, is it worth changing our Twitter tag from @PiratesAhoy_ to @PiratesAhoyCommunity (or @PA!Community)?
That's more unique and better represents us, in my view.
If we can't do this or it would mess something up, then ignore this idea.
"PiratesAhoyCommunity" is too long and I can only use use letters, numbers and '_'.
I'm not too happy with the account name we've got either, but it was the best I could come up with at the time. :modding

"PiratesAhoyCommunity" is too long and I can only use use letters, numbers and '_'.
I'm not too happy with the account name we've got either, but it was the best I could come up with at the time. :modding
I guess changing it would also mess up the URL for the account? Better to leave it as is, then.

Changed accordingly. See here: https://twitter.com/PiratesAhoy_
Does that seem like what you had in mind?
Yep, looks better to me. Still looks a tad blurry, though. Do you need to use a higher-res image, or won't it let you?
Also, the portion of the banner that remains as you scroll down looks odd:
PA_Twitter1.jpg
Not sure how much you could do about that, though. :facepalm

Yep, looks better to me. Still looks a tad blurry, though. Do you need to use a higher-res image, or won't it let you?
Please have another look: https://twitter.com/PiratesAhoy_
The picture I uploaded is now 1600x560 pixels, using all the full-size logos. See attached for the actual file.
I get the impression that the quality is deliberately being reduced; it is even worse on Facebook. UGH! :sick

Also, the portion of the banner that remains as you scroll down looks odd:
View attachment 16425
Not sure how much you could do about that, though. :facepalm
It looks a bit different for me; not quite as bad, but indeed still odd.
Must be due to the aspect ratio, I think.

Attachments

• Twitter Header V3.jpg
    Twitter Header V3.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 264
So you guys don't mind if I share your videos, links and stuff to promote this game on facebook, my blog (tumblr), some forums and few other pages when I visit them? :p

edit: oh, I noticed that you want that, so ignore this post ;)

Last edited:
So you guys don't mind if I share your videos, links and stuff to promote this game on facebook, my blog (tumblr), some forums and few other pages when I visit them? :p
Yup, you'd be most welcome to! :cheers

Thought about it, but decided against it for now. Need to be further in development.
Also, unless I misunderstand, that is for commercial games, which we are not.

Back